Potrzebujesz wsparcia? Skontaktuj się z nami.
Mapping the Road to the New Normal with Intelligent Technologies
(3 minute read)
Nowadays, many businesses are desperately looking for strategies to emerge from the recent pandemic without falling behind. Suddenly, every area of the business seems to need improvement and attention: how to keep employees safe and productive; how to manage adequate revenue generation efforts; how to address demand surges and supply chain issues. These issues were present before the pandemic, but now they must be solved faster and more cost effectively.
Intelligent technologies are valuable tools that most organizations can use to assist their company’s digital transformation. Because of its adaptability, high return on investment, and affordability, it’s affecting all industries in today’s market.
The Pace of Change and Why the Ride Is Getting Ever Faster
The pace of change in business and technology is unprecedented. Even before the world was challenged with a global pandemic, many organizations were struggling to keep up. Businesses that had their digital transformation journeys planned out on a 1 to 3-year timeline now need to adapt to change in a matter of weeks. It’s no longer a battle to stay ahead or in-line with competition, it has become a matter of survival. But, how can your company succeed?
Scalability and Automation are the Keys to a Successful Digital Strategy
Every business is facing the same challenges: employees are buried with time-consuming and repetitive tasks, customer service is experiencing longer than ever wait times, and budgets are being cut. Intelligent solutions can help to address these challenges in the following ways:
- Improved Customer Service: this could range from 24/7 automated customer service support at an affordable price, up to much more individualized answers from chatbots and knowledge bases delivering immediate actions and response
- Increased Speed and Efficiency: eliminate repetitive and redundant tasks, generate decision proposals or scaling of resources depending on demand
- Reduced Effort and Stress for Employees: employees can concentrate on higher value tasks, having more time to react, resulting in higher employee satisfaction and hence delivering better service quality – on mid-term perspective, employees are offered opportunities to reskill or upskill in order to take on higher-value work
- New and Scaled Capabilities: use automation to develop new and improved tasks, processes, or operations in order to serve the customers better or in order to march peak workloads better
- Continous Improvement: handle complex processes and tasks and recognize potentials, gain operative insights and drive improvements in an agile way
- Reduced Compliance Errors and Risks: automation ensures that sensitive data is processed securely and within compliance guidelines – this is also a huge driver for cost savings as well
- Quick Time to Value: quick implementation to start utilizing automation software in 10 short weeks lead to short payback periods – in many cases offers could only be realized based on intelligent technologies as man-based activities are either too expensive or too unattractive for employees
Rather than being faced with repetitive non-value tasks, high time consumption of human capital, and costly business process execution, your company can focus its resources on value-added business activities. NTT DATA Business Solutions offers a variety of intelligent technology solutions to help your business take automation to the next level.
Conversational AI & Natural Language Processing
NTT DATA Business Solutions can help your business reach new levels of productivity with enterprise grade chatbots. Utilizing Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), chatbots can give immediate response to queries or issues. Especially in a B2C environment, consumers exactions to response time have risen dramatically. 75% of consumers nowadays expect service within five minutes – 24/7, 365 days a year. With a classic support approach this is almost impossible. By automating standard calls, emails, and live chat sessions that would have otherwise required direct human involvement, chatbots free up time to allow existing employees to focus on higher-value customer engagements.
In addition, chatbots can be used to interact with screens, to read and understand different documents or to trigger follow-up activities. Such solutions provide the opportunity to customize program tasks, processes or operations based on your company’s needs – externally but also internally.
Robotic Process Automation
Today’s enterprises use a variety of different tools: ERP, CRM, productivity tools and other office apps just to name a few. There’s an app for everything today either hosted in the cloud or running on-premises in the customer infrastructure. However, a lot of business processes span across multiple tools and employees often need to bridge gaps between the different tools and copy data from one tool to another.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a game-changer in this field and can be used to automate repetitive, rule-based, and time-consuming tasks both in the back office and front office that require human intervention. Not all tasks are a good fit for RPA since the technology imitates human activities but typical use cases include – and are not limited to – financial planning, account closure, auditing, employee onboarding, payroll automation and automation of operation and support tasks.
NTT DATA Business Solutions can help you identify and discover potential, implement bots and completely take care of them over the lifetime.
Although both RPA and Chatbots can work independently, executing automation with one and not the other results in unmet potential. As RPA is paired with Natural Language Processing, text analytics and machine learning, the opportunities for effective automation grow significantly. For example, bots can read and draw conclusions from unstructured data, like an email that might even have misspellings. They can then automatically insert the relative information from that email into a different document or a structured form.
Working together, these technologies can deliver the right information, in the right place, at the right time for end-to-end automation.
Your Path Towards the Intelligent Enterprise
During a time of such great uncertainty, it’s more important than ever that businesses find the most efficient, rewarding, and effective ways to utilize employees’ time and resources. Conversational AI and Intelligent RPA is necessary to support current business transitions and to thrive in the future. And, at the end of the day, intelligent capabilities are valuable technologies that businesses can use to aid their journey to an intelligent enterprise.
2021 – New Ideas, New Chances, New Plans
How to ensure your business is future proof in times of disruption and ever-changing circumstances? How to define the first step towards digital transformation of you company?
Attend our webinar series “Innovation Tuesday” to learn more about innovative technologies, the Intelligent Enterprise, Customer Experience (CX), SAP S/4HANA and cloud-based technologies – get inspired!