Estamos sempre dispostos a ajudar, entre em contato conosco.
SAP S/4HANA Release 2020 – What You Need to Know
(3 min read)
With the new SAP S/4HANA 2020 release, SAP is actively expanding the range of functions and thus driving forward the promised integration with the involved departments in the end-to-end process. In this blog article, I would like to talk about the further developments of the new release and highlight the 2 main innovations, as they provide an essential step towards the further integration of SAP S/4HANA in various end-to-end processes.
The Further Developments of the SAP S/4HANA Release 2020
Further developments and focus of the current release are in the following central areas to constantly expand the customer benefits of SAP S/4HANA:
- Improved user experience, e.g. through new and extended SAP FIORI user interfaces.
- Extended integration in the end-to-end process, such as the stronger integration of PP (Production Planning) and QM (Quality Management).
- Topics related to decentralized EWM (Extended Warehouse Management), e.g. the provision of migration paths.
- Innovations in individual functions, e.g. the integration of attachments (such as images) in the business process.
- Simplification of use, among other things in the area of RF (Radio Frequency) screens, e.g. the standardization of serial number profiles or wave management.
- Industry and sector-specific functions, such as missing parts management or functions in just-in-time (JIT)/just-in-sequence (JIS) processing.
The 2 Main Innovations of the SAP S/4HANA Release 2020
Let’s take a closer look at the 2 main innovations of the new release, as they will pave the way towards further integration.
First, I would like to address the issue of further integration in the area of production. The new functions allow synchronous postings and a corresponding integration from the classic transactions like Movement of Inward Goods Order (MIGO), Production Order Confirmation (CO11N), Controlling of Goods Issued (COGI), Goods Receipt Handling Unit for Production Order (COWBHUWE), etc. These integrations simplify the handling, increase transparency and reduce the complexity of introducing processes.
The second area of major innovations is the integration of SAP EWM and SAP TM (Transportation Management) within SAP S/4HANA. The previous integration within the system consisted of the synchronization of Freight Order (SAP TM) and Transportation Unit (SAP EWM). With the new release, a central data object is created in Freight Order via “Advanced Shipping & Receiving”, which will form the “Single Point of Truth” for EWM and serve as the central data object for all end-to-end functions in the EWM-TM integration.
In the future, the “Advanced Shipping & Receiving” in both systems will be mirrored (synchronized) in decentralized Supply Chain Execution (SCE) landscapes based on SAP S/4HANA as a central and, above all, uniform database for both “worlds”.
Thanks to these main innovation in the important area of integration, there will be a further increased uniformity in the processes as well as a stable basis. As always – it’s all about providing the right material, in the right quantity, in the right quality, at the right time, at the right place, at the right cost.