For any questions please feel free to contact us.
Why we’ve chosen NTT DATA Business Solutions:
- A clear understanding of Premier Foods business requirements
- Extensive SAP Analytics Cloud and planning expertise
- Proven track record in delivering successful business planning and analytics projects
Dan Flynn, IT Business Partner, Premier Foods plc.
UK Employees: 4000
UK Manufacturing sites: 15
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest food manufacturers operating primarily in the ambient food sector
Challenges and Benefits
- The need for a solution to improve and standardise the commercial planning process
- How to integrate complex commercial planning to provide the required analysis to determine influences and the rationale driving plans
- The need for planning at different levels of the company structure, particularly for products and customers
- Encourage user collaboration on a very distinct process between products and channels that would remove disconnected planning processes
- A centralised planning and reporting process
- Consistent master data governance and controls
- More frequent forecast cycles with the reduction of manual work and shorter data preparation times
- Flexibility to add additional analytic structures to better serve business requirements
- Plan volumes are now fed into supply planning to provide accurate volumes for budgeting to assist the site budget process and drive more accurate standards and labour plans
- SAP Analytics Cloud Planning
SAP Analytics Cloud Planning was implemented as a solution to improve and standardise the commercial planning process. The integration with SAP SuccessFactors will help drive the HR planning process.
Premier Foods Sets a New Standard for Integrated Commercial Planning with SAP Analytics Cloud Planning
Premier Foods approached NTT DATA Business Solutions after identifying a business need to improve the commercial planning process. The earlier Excel-based solution was seen as effective but inefficient in managing the process due to the lack of automation and high reliance on manual interventions. The objective was to create an integrated solution that would enable collaborative planning across commercial sales, marketing, and operations plans. Also, the solution had to allow the capture by building blocks to enable analysis at the end of the process. The purpose was to determine where those adjustments have come from and what was driving change to their plans.
Upon the successful delivery of a prototype, Premier Foods reviewed the capability and concluded that their commercial planning requirements could be satisfied by the SAP Analytics Cloud platform.
Enhancing Customer Experience and Improving Business Efficiency at Warburtons
The SAP S/4 HANA project has delivered a full suite solution comprising; Finance & Controlling, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution, Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics. The project was delivered using the Activate Methodology.
The HR Team at Quorn introduced SAP SuccessFactors in order to automate processes and generate efficiencies.