Have questions? Please contact us.
Kay Asmussen, Head of Department, Energinet
Headquartered in Fredericia in Denmark, Energinet develops and maintains gas lines and the electric grid in Denmark and employees 1,350 persons.
Challenges and Benefits
- Migrating from SAP ECC to S4/HANA, Energinet needed to revisit and redefine role authorization for its 1,800 end users
- Traditional role design/re-design is very time- and resource-consuming and involves manual processes that can lead to human errors as well as risking disruption in daily operations
- Without up-to-date authorization designs, continuous role maintenance is much harder and prone to errors due to non-transparent content
- Xiting Authorization Management Suite (XAMS)
- GDPR compliance in relation to proper data authorization
- Internal cyber security improved due to role design and authentication process
- 1,800 internal and external users now have authorization and user privileges that support the daily business processes and help prevent potential fraud and human errors
Increasing Process Compliance and Cyber Security
While cyber security has historically been focused mostly on external threats, organizations are becoming increasingly aware of the potential threats that come from the inside. In recent years,
high-profile fraud scandals and systematic user violations have shifted the focus to include internal cyber security in central systems like major SAP solutions, where many companies keep their most important data.
At Energinet, a public Danish company responsible for maintaining and building the gas and the electric grid in Denmark, SAP is absolutely a central system. With approximately 1,800 users – 1,350 internal and 450 external – the SAP ERP system spans a wide area of functions: finance, controlling, asset management, project management and procurement modules – and much more.
Starting their migration from SAP ECC to SAP S4/HANA four years ago, Energinet needed to revisit and redefine the roles and authorization for its SAP users. This started a public tender in 2020 that NTT DATA Business Solutions won based on a mix of quality, solution and price.
Vestas is a company that design, manufacture, install and service wind turbines. Globally present, Vestas has around 24,500 employees and is headquartered in Denmark.
LOGSTOR produces pre-insulated pipe systems for customers around the world and production requires materials and commodities from a range of international suppliers.