Mining Industry’s Added Value Increases with Digital Solutions
The mining industry, with the highest capacity to create added value and employment among sectors, is under pressure due to a number of factors including commodity prices declining in the short term, global competition environment, long mine exploration and transportation times, low ore quality, increase in new mine development times, and a decrease in replacement of ore mass. All of these factors drive mining companies to reassessing the ways they conduct business. Digital transformation is already on the agenda of all mining businesses.
NTT DATA Business Solutions provides support as you prepare for the challenges of digital future.
Increase in Efficiency Performance: Digital Mining
Technological innovations are required to transform the key processes of the industry for mining to survive in the digital economy. In current conditions, this need for transformation can only be met quickly and easily with digitalization, which allows material and hardware flow to be optimized, anticipated breakdowns to be identified and performance to be monitored in real time. Through automation achieved as a result of digitalization, productivity increases, and security gaps are eliminated. With the integration of all processes, the risks that unpredictable variables impose on operational processes are mitigated.
Mining and Industry 4.0
While real-time and integrated management of geological modeling, operational planning, predictive maintenance, occupational safety in mine resources and maintenance processes with information technologies improves efficiency, it also brings significant benefits for strategic future planning. In the challenging and risky process of mining, which has environmental impact, Industry 4.0 and technologies such as the Internet of Things, and machines that speak with each other can create significant transformation by taking production from manual labor and turning it into autonomous. Iot technology, using Hololens and “smart glasses” will introduce a new perspective to mining industry by entirely digitalizing transportation, drilling and various other risky processes. Furthermore, variations in decision-making processes would decrease, information flow would gain momentum, and mining would gain a more controlled and standardized structure.
- Mineral resources are identified more effectively with smart technologies.
- Faster identification of material and equipment needs, and improved planning and decision-making processes are ensured.
- With real-time analytics based predictions, maintenance expenses and therefore costs are reduced.
- By reducing operating costs with automation, most efficient use of equipment in operational processes is ensured. Digitalization of processes such as transportation and drilling in particular can be given as examples for such applications.
- Real-time performance monitoring and analysis. Enables you to analyze the status of each equipment and device on site. Helps you to make predictions about the future while identifying the risks.
- Allows real-time tracking of costs per gallery with activity-based costing models.
Optimize Your Maintenance and Repair Processes with Hololens Technology
Data-Driven Mining with Predictive Analytics Solution
How Our Customers Benefit from Us?
Learn What Our Experts Say
Dimitri Schweigerdt | Feb 17, 2021
Harish Menta | Feb 04, 2021
Dries Guth | Jan 25, 2021
Matthias Siegmund | Jan 08, 2021
Speak to Us Today
Are you searching for answers or would like to receive more information? Do you want more detailed advice from our expert or wish to book one of our workshops?
Just contact us – we will be glad to help you.