Why NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- Global SAP expertise
- A true understanding of Smyths Toys business and industry
- Proven technical expertise in SAP ecommerce projects
- UX and UI design expertise
- Customer experience specialists
The acquisition of stores in three new European countries presented us with the challenge of quickly rolling out ecommerce websites in those countries, underpinned by the latest version of SAP C/4Hana commerce. itelligence* formulated a strategy to help us achieve that rapidly and cost-effectively. The implementation has progressed extremely well and leaves us with an ecommerce function that delivers the speed, reliability and seamless experience that today’s online shoppers expect.
Rob Wilson, Chief Technical Officer, Smyths Toys
Turnover: £475.7 m
Smyths Toys is Europe’s largest toy retailer, with 200 stores spread across five countries and a total workforce of 5,000 people. The company operates more than 100 stores in the UK and Ireland, and acquired more stores in Austria, Germany and Switzerland in 2018. Dedicated to promoting learning and creativity among children, Smyths Toys offers a wide range of toys, baby products, outdoor equipment and video games.
Challenges and Benefits
- Launch new websites for three new countries
- Version of UK & Ireland’s existing SAP Commerce Cloud platform
- Rethink existing infrastructure arrangements
- Develop more flexible and scalable solution
- Accomodate peak traffic, workflow, payment processing and third party integrations
- Reduced overall infrastructure costs with cloud based infrastructure strategy
- Rapid completion and cost efficiency
- Contributed to a 30% increase in turnover of Black Friday period in 2018
- Increased security, stability and resilience
- Modular approach encourages speedy entry to new countries
- SAP Commerce Cloud Support
- SAP Commerce Cloud implementation
With NTT DATA Business Solutions’ support, Smyths has reduced its relative overall infrastructure costs while securing greater performance and stability and rolled out new websites in three countries. The changes have been made within a short timescale to drive rapid improvements.
Rapid implementation, platform optimisation and cost savings
With the acquisition of new stores in Austria, Germany and Switzerland adding to the existing UK and Ireland portfolio of Smyths Toys, new ecommerce websites had to be rolled out quickly. NTT DATA Business Solutions formulated a cost-effective plan for the rollout, including a new flexible and efficient infrastructure strategy, a modular approach to implementation, optimisation of the SAP C/4 Hana SAP Commerce Coud platform and provision of ongoing support. This provides Smyths with a resilient and responsive web presence in key countries and ensures a smooth online shopping experience for customers, even during peak periods.
Enhancing Customer Experience and Improving Business Efficiency at Warburtons
Streamlining Financial Operations for Three Newly Acquired Businesses at EG Group
Certsure was seeking a more efficient means by which to manage customer interactions. The aim was to improve responsiveness, modernise the flow of information, keep customers better informed, reduce strain on internal resources and raise the overall standard of customer service.