For any questions please feel free to contact us.
- NTT DATA Business Solutions demonstrated a solid understanding of Marlow business requirements
- The ability to demonstrate S/4HANA experience with dedicated S/4HANA consultants
- Strength of NTT DATA Business Solutions consultants, bringing both business and SAP knowledge
- Supplementary tools to add value to SAP S/4HANA
Dave Bigley, Head of IT, Marlow Foods-Quorn
Marlow Foods well known for their Quorn branded market leading meat substitute products, have implemented SAP S/4HANA in partnership with
NTT DATA Business Solutions UK.
Marlow Foods, who are part of leading food manufacturing company Monde Nissin Corporation, is an ambitious, growing, FMCG company with an annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million.
Benefits and Challenges
- Enabling more extensive digital partnerships and relationships
- The need to implement a new ERP platform to support business growth vision
- The opportunity to simplify and standardise business processes
- Aged and unsupported platform
- S/4HANA is now integrated into key processes
- Standardised best practice business processes on a global scale
- Digitised finance processes
- Automated tasks
- The foundations for building an intelligent enterprise that will access future SAP innovations
- SAP S/4HANA
The SAP S/4 HANA project has delivered a full suite solution comprising; Finance & Controlling, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution, Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics.
Implementation of SAP S/4HANA
At the beginning of their project Marlow Foods were looking at a SAP support partner review, and an upgrade and renovation project for their existing SAP ERP system. Marlow Foods have used SAP ERP 4.7E as their main ERP system since their separation from Astra Zeneca in 2000. Their incumbent ERP system was configured into three companies to run the UK, USA and European businesses. Although there had been some investment in aligning the system to existing business processes for the UK, German and USA sites, there had been minimal updates since it was implemented.
Due to the age of this version, SAP was no longer able to provide support. Marlow Foods had become reliant on a third party, to provide all support, escalation, development and consultancy for the software.