Have questions? Please contact us.
Why we’ve chosen NTT DATA Business Solutions:
- NTT DATA Business Solutions understands Hans Boodt Mannequins’ creativity and complexity
- A personal connection with NTT DATA Business Solutions simplifies the process
- NTT DATA Business Solutions presented an end-to-end solution that allows a simplified process – from design to shipment
- The NTT DATA Business Solutions experts have the necessary and up-to-date knowledge of both production processes as well as distribution
- NTT DATA Business Solutions is an involved partner and actively contributes to better solutions for tomorrow
Hans van Meerten, CFO-COO, Hans Boodt Mannequins
Hans Boodt Mannequins designs, produces, and distributes mannequins, i.e., model figures for the fashion industry. With over 40 years of experience, the company is now one of the biggest and most important global players in the world
of mannequins. The designs are made in the head office, which is based in The Netherlands. These designs include, for example, the in-house collection of the company but also the personalized collections of customers, such as ASICS, Lacoste, TNF, Valentino, Canada Goose, Galeries Lafayette, Daily Paper, and Burberry.
Challenges and Benefits
- Previously, Hans Boodt Mannequins worked with an ERP system that was unequipped to meet the requirements that come with an increasing information demand in the company due to complicated processes and an international trading position
- The company needed a regulated and easily accessible documentation flow
- Hans Boodt Mannequins was in the market for a SaaS solution to have real-time and constant access to information, from every location
- A new system was needed in order to handle international flows of communication and to give insight in transportation planning
- Hans Boodt Mannequins’ most important needs and wishes, such as pay-in-advance solutions and transportation planning, are achievable in SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Business ByDesign allows for better and more accurate reporting
- SAP Business ByDesign is scalable and can be personalized
- Automated digitalization of invoices speeds up the process
- SAP Business ByDesign
A system to process international flows of communication and to give insight in the production as well as the transportation planning. That’s precisely what we successfully implemented for Hans Boodt Mannequins with SAP Business ByDesign.
Hans Boodt Mannequins Gains a Bigger Grip on Business Processes with SAP Business ByDesign
Hans Boodt Mannequins designs, produces, and distributes mannequins, i.e., model figures for the fashion industry. The production processes take place in China, relatively far away from the head office, which is why it is important that data are always up-to-date and accessible from multiple locations, and that changes can me made instantly without causing bottlenecks or delays. An increasing demand for unique mannequins, complicated logistic processes, and international communication flows inspired Hans Boodt Mannequins to start looking for an end-to-end solution that optimally delivers on grip and oversight.
NTT DATA Business Solutions as a Perfect Partner
Hans Bood Mannequins has now been working with SAP Business ByDesign since July 2020. How would Van Meerten describe the implementation process? “Implementing change never happens without some challenges. It was not an easy process but the specialists from NTT DATA Business Solutions were incredibly helpful. They took their time and accompanied us, throughout the whole process.
A Flexible and Internationally Oriented Solution
According to Van Meerten, the new system is now solid as a rock. “We are completely in control of the process, from the first contact with customers to delivering the product. Our reports are better, and we can work a lot more efficiently
now. For our customers, the possibilities are also increasing. We can, for example, realize adjustments to standard mannequins a lot easier. On top of that, we have a lot more insight into our logistical processes.
Sanquin is responsible for safe and efficient blood supply in the Netherlands on a not-for-profit basis. Sanquin also develops and produces pharmaceutical products, conducts high-quality scientific research, and develops and performs a multitude of diagnostic services.
Workrate is a Dutch market leader, providing state-of-the-art security solutions for data centers.
Tieman Trading B.V. is a Dutch wholesaler of electric cables and construction supplies for retailers and additionally offers services for repairs and spare parts.