Have questions? Please contact us.
- Trusted partner to Meritor WABCO since 2000
- Deep experience in the full range of SAP, AMS and Hosting Services
- Proven transition methodology
- Ability to deliver high value in a short period of time
Christine Keberlein, Director of Finance and IT, Meritor WABCO
Since 1990, North American joint venture Meritor WABCO has developed and delivered proven, integrated safety technology and efficiency components, including braking systems and controls, active safety systems, and suspension and control systems for commercial vehicles.
Challenges and Benefits
- Large backlog of SAP support issues not being addressed efficiently
- Business frustration with the lack of SAP optimizations
- No formal change management process to fully engage business process owners
- Support performance metrics lacked formal rigor
- Cost-neutral, value-added SAP support
- Business priorities met in efficient, timely manner
- Reduced incidents and increased performance against KPIs
- Increased internal customer engagement and satisfaction
- Efficient Application Management Outsourcing for entire SAP landscape
- SAP Application Management Services (AMS)
- SAP Hosting Services
During a two-month period, Meritor WABCO successfully transition from internal SAP support to application management outsourcing by itelligence Application Management Services (AMS).
Increased internal customer satisfaction and faster time to value are the direct result of this lightning speed 60-day transition.
Experiencing support issues that left no time for introducing new SAP optimizations to drive the business forward, Meritor WABCO turned to itelligence to fully outsource SAP Application Management. During a two-month period, itelligence and Meritor WABCO successfully completed the company’s transition using itelligence’s proprietary Transition.it methodology.
Cost-Neutral SAP Application Management Outsourcing
Transition.it takes a proven and phased approach to:
- Transition Planning
- Knowledge Transfer
- Readiness Confirmation
- Transition-to-Run Operations
This process includes understanding the customer’s business processes and company configuration in SAP, understanding any customization, and preparing for support. Meritor WABCO and itelligence resources conducted effective and efficient knowledge transfer sessions that were critical to the successful transition.
An experienced itelligence Service Delivery Manager (SDM) led the transition effort, working closely with the Meritor WABCO Governance Lead. itelligence implemented new processes for SAP support, EDI support and change management. Also, the team efficiently remapped SAP responsibilities to business process owners or itelligence Application Management Support. Business process owners received training to use the itelligence service portal, eliminating the need for an internal SAP support ticketing system. Finally, open internal support requests are submitted directly to the itelligence service portal for resolution.
Fast Business Results
As a result of the transition, SAP support issues are now addressed by itelligence in an efficient, timely manner. Internal customer satisfaction is greatly improved. Business process owners are now more fully engaged due to new processes for SAP support, EDI support and change management. Also, Mertior WABCO also enjoys greater access to a larger number of resources. In addition, the itelligence SDM now leads the Meritor WABCO SAP support model, regularly measuring performance against KPIs, managing support processes, and driving continual improvement.
"The broader experience of the itelligence consultants has introduced new perspectives and ideas to address our challenges. We achieved a great boost in the value of our overall SAP investment." - Christine Keberlein, Director of Finance and IT, Meritor WABCO