Why NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- NTT DATA Business Solutions presented a low friction, low cost, low risk approach to convert to SAP S/4HANA
- Able to demonstrate a proven approach to S/4HANA with dedicated S/4HANA consultants and the global conversion factory
- Successful track record of NTT DATA Business Solutions supporting the IESA SAP landscape
IESA provides a full range of outsourced procurement services via a technology platform developed specifically to meet the challenges of complex manufacturing, assembly and processing operations. IESA helps customers improve their efficiency with value-added services across procurement/sourcing, transaction processing, inventory and stores management.
IESA is proud of their market leading position but to maintain share and support their growth aspirations, the organisation needed a modern SAP platform with the agility to meet customer demands on a global scale.
With expansion plans internationally, IESA would need to provide further access to real-time data and move away from large overnight batch processing of key business processes such as overnight MRP calculations to work out stock performance.
Challenges and Benefits
- A desire to expand globally but systems were holding back the organisation
- A lack of agility with overnight batch processing of MRP calculations to work out stock performance
- Customers demanding real-time data in different time zones
- A platform that would be unsupported – OS (Win2003) and Db (MSSQL2005)
- Large estate of in-house applications integrating to SAP
- Difficulties in managing 1,800+ Custom Objects and 15+ years history of financial documents
- The Technical Conversion is a stepping stone that will introduce future innovations
- Real-time analytics
- Fiori User Experience
- Business Process Re-engineering in MRP Procurement and Billing
- The real-time capabilities of S/4HANA will allow international expansion
- SAP S/4HANA
- System Conversion from SAP ERP 6.0 EHP0 to SAP S/4HANA 1809
About the Project
With expansion plans internationally, IESA needed to provide further access to real-time data and move away from large overnight batch processing of key business processes such as overnight MRP calculations to work out stock performance.
SAP S/4HANA was quickly identified as the key to unlocking this vision that could enhance the information provided to customers and remove barriers that would prevent expansion to other geographies. IESA’s business model evolves with their customers and a new S/4HANA platform would not only enable such growth but also introduce a number of game-changing innovations.
Working with NTT DATA Business Solutions, IESA took advantage of a very short 72 hour downtime window and successfully moved to S/4HANA in only 68 hours.
The go-live was staged safely, quickly and with minimum disruption to the business. The single step conversion plan was executed without any deviation and no issues were reported by the IESA Business Team during the first week of go-live. A key reason for the smooth transition was the close collaboration and teamwork between NTT DATA Business Solutions, the conversion factory and IESA. The hybrid approach introduced local UK S/4 Consultants on site and the offshore conversion factory to bring together global experience, method, process and tools for the lowfriction approach to S/4HANA.
The technical conversion project took only 22 weeks to complete and successfully transitioned 15 years of data and 1,800 custom objects. The project was delivered on time and under budget.
The implementation of SAP S/4HANA & BW/4HANA enabled Evergreen Garden Care to have their financial information in one place with profitability analytics instantly available.
The SAP S/4 HANA project has delivered a full suite solution comprising; Finance & Controlling, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution, Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics. The project was delivered using the Activate Methodology.
The need for an improved supplier experience was identified as a priority requirement that led to a review of supplier interactions and the recommendation to invest in an SAP Supplier Portal.