This is precisely where business partners come in. They offer a leg up to your own IT organization in areas like Application Management Services (AMS), so it can manage the jobs at hand and at the same time drive forward important innovations. In concrete terms, that means outsourcing the operation, maintenance, extension and optimization of applications – a large portion of the routine work, in other words. That saves valuable time and resources.
But even more is possible: companies dealing with the issues of digital transformation know that these are decisive matters that will determine their future direction. They often require a large amount of additional information and support, more than can readily be provided through existing resources and the internal IT department. At small and medium-sized companies, in particular, there is a pressing need for individual support: these companies need help determining the right targets and approaches, estimating overall costs and establishing best practices – which means there is a premium on expert opinion.
A business partner is thus brought in not just to lower costs, but to improve internal resource efficiency and ensure that systems are stable and run smoothly. Often, the business partner grows into a strategic partner, a trusted advisor. This partner supports corporate strategy by building up a sustainable, forward-looking IT strategy, thereby helping both IT managers and the top-level business executives. The objective is to position the IT department and its resources in such a way that it can concentrate on the migration to S/4HANA in the coming years. That requires not just high-quality IT processes and a proactive mindset but also continuous optimization of the IT service processes and supported applications. Our study Application Management in Europe showed that 76 percent of the companies surveyed receive outside advice and support for their IT or applications strategy. A similar proportion outsource the hosting of their SAP applications to the public or private cloud.
SAP Application Management Services from NTT DATA Business Solutions offer you key advantages that will help make your migration a success:
- Your operational workload is greatly reduced, and you gain more freedom to pursue new topics, such as the migration to S/4HANA.
- You can shift your attention away from the operation of applications and adopt a comprehensive, strategic focus on business innovations and transformations.
- You achieve efficient and optimized IT operations for your hybrid SAP landscape and find the perfect balance between IT strategy and innovation.
- Your IT goes from playing a supporting role to playing an active role in the digital transformation of your business.
- You have an experienced business partner at your side that analyzes, evaluates, implements and optimizes the latest technologies in line with your requirements – in the field of S/4HANA, too.
- As your business partner for SAP S/4HANA, we have extensive experience from years’ worth of customer projects, and we have already successfully completed numerous implementations and optimizations of S/4HANA ERP systems.
- You gain more stability with regard to IT resources, which means you bear less risk in the context of a global shortage of skilled IT personnel. And that applies even if your own employees become unavailable at short notice as a result of illness, vacation or termination.
- You do not have to supply the needed certifications internally. We provide them, which saves you money.