For any questions please feel free to contact us.
- itelligence demonstrated a solid understanding of our data, systems and processes
- itelligence is a trusted partner who have worked with us on other engagements
- Presented a low risk, structured approach to BW conversion with local expertise
- Strength of itelligence consultants, bringing both analytics and financial services experience
Brad Korte, Head of Finance Technology, Janus Henderson
Janus Henderson is a global asset manager, specialising in active investment. With assets under management
of £335 billion and over 2,000 employees worldwide, the company was formed in May 2017 with the merger of
Henderson Global Investors with Janus Capital Group Inc. The company provides its institutional, retail and
high net-worth client’s access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes,
including equities, fixed income, property and alternative investments.
Challenges and Benefits
- The current data warehouse (SAP BW7.3) was to become unsupported
- The need to simplify the current data warehouse and increase agility
- A requirement to manage and process greater volumes of diverse data sets
- Establishes a platform for enterprise-wide analytics that delivers insights from all data sources
- Allow Janus Henderson to integrate Assets under Management (AUM) and Flow data with financial metrics
- In-depth reporting to stakeholders with additional data insights
- SAP BW/4HANA
SAP BW/4HANA will deliver new levels of interactivity through a simpliﬁed data structure, ﬂexible data management capabilities and a modern user experience.
Implementation of SAP BW/4HANA
Janus Henderson's strategic plan is founded upon operational efficiency, client-centricity, global expansion and organic growth. To support the business objectives, the IT strategy focused on the ability to exploit information and ensure data was accessible across the business. With their current SAP BW platform going out of support, Janus Henderson needed to move to the latest SAP BW/4HANA platform as a first step that would provide the foundations for transforming their approach to data management.
Turning to itelligence with whom Janus Henderson's had a long standing relationship from supporting their SAP BW landscape, itelligence introduced a structured approach that reviewed the options available. After a comprehensive assessment that compared strategic objectives with the current data landscape, itelligence recommended a technical conversion to SAP BW/4HANA with clear documented rationale on how to get there. This approach allowed Janus Henderson to move to the modern data platform quickly and at low risk. With the fixed scope implementation of SAP BW/4HANA, the technical conversion took only 6 months.
Weir Minerals has 14,000 employees operating in 35 countries and is a global leader in the mineral, oil and gas, and power industries. The company provides manufacturing equipment for slurry transportation and dewatering systems as well as spare parts and services for niche industries.