Have questions? Please contact us.
- Long-term business partner and trusted IT advisor
- Close relationship formed during previous successful projects
- Global presence paired with experience in the local market
run. itelligence fits this description perfectly and ensures that our project runs smoothly from start to finish.
Sertay Caner Sargın, Budget and Purchasing Director, Bilkent Holding
Many of Turkey’s best-known brands and major players are part of Bilkent Holding. Comprising a total of over 20 companies across nine industries, the group’s scope of activities is far-reaching. From construction and real estate to furniture and insurance, Bilkent companies lead the way in their respective industries.
Challenges and Benefits
- Group companies operating in nine diverse industries
- Decentralized strategic decision making
- Complex IT landscape comprising a wide range of solutions from different vendors
- Lack of standardized processes
- Accounting data spread across multiple systems
- Time-consuming, decentralized reporting and consolidation
- A single ERP solution for the entire group
- Greater transparency and insights into the performance of individual group companies and subsidiaries
- Real-time analysis and reporting
- Enhanced and accelerated strategic decision making based on accurate data
- Improved collaboration and coordination between business units
- SAP S/4HANA®
- SAP® Hybris® (Sales, Marketing, and Billing)
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation
- SAP BusinessObjects BI
- SAP Contract Lifecycle Management
- SAP Treasury and Risk Management
- SAP Workforce Performance Builder
Embarking on a Transformation of Epic Proportions
Many of Turkey’s best-known brands and major players are part of Bilkent Holding. Comprising a total of over 20 companies across nine industries, the group’s scope of activities is far-reaching. From construction and real estate to furniture and insurance, Bilkent companies lead the way in their respective industries. But operating in such a wide range of sectors also poses a challenge. Over its 50-year history, the complexity of the group’s IT landscape grew, with a variety of solutions from different vendors. This led to non-standard business processes, inconsistent
reporting, and a lack of structured decision making. To ensure the group’s future success, Bilkent Holding
decided to embark on an ambitious, group-wide digital transformation.
Making Quick and Informed Decisions with a Single Source of Truth
Having worked with itelligence in the past, Bilkent Holding knew where to find a reliable partner for the project. After analyzing the group’s critical business processes, itelligence created a detailed roadmap tailored to its requirements. The core of the plan was to implement the SAP S/4HANA business suite at 19 companies over the course of three years. In this way, Bilkent Holding would consolidate its landscape, strengthen its strategic decision making,
and simplify its processes. The first year of the project was a great success: 11 companies, including Tepe Home and Tepe İnşaat are already live with SAP S/4HANA. Now, with a central ERP system, the group has greater transparency into the performance of individual companies and can analyze data in real time. By streamlining core
business and financial processes, the group has also reduced operating costs and boosted efficiency. For
example, it now has one chart of accounts for all companies, enabling it to centralize reporting and gain valuable insights. This has strengthened and accelerated decision making considerably. What’s more, the new solution facilitates collaboration and coordination between the group’s business units. All 1,700 users can quickly and easily access the data they need, when they need it.
An Ongoing Partnership for Future Success
Key success factors in the project were the strong relationship between itelligence experts and Bilkent Holding’s project team as well as the ongoing support provided throughout. However, this is just the beginning. Over the next two years, itelligence will work closely with Bilkent Holding to roll out SAP S/4HANA at eight more companies. And work is already underway to implement the SAP Hybris solution suite for marketing and commerce. There are already future projects in the pipeline: the group is planning to digitize its HR with SAP SuccessFactors® software and improve the student experience at Bilkent University by implementing itelligence’s own solution it.education.