Have questions? Please contact us.
Why we've chosen NTT DATA Business Solutions:
- Experience with validated implementations for pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Extensive industry-specific experience in the Life Sciences
- A dedicated team that works efficiently based on proven best practices
Wietze Dijksma, Business Improvement Manager & Supply Chain Planning Lead, Royal Herkel
Employees: 200 (2020)
Revenue: 40 million (2020)
Royal Herkel is a multi-faceted company in Zeewolde, at the heart of the Netherlands. Entrepreneurial and creative, but also traditional and dedicated. Since 1915 our name stands for expertise, quality and reliability. In our ultra-modern company on our 60 production and packaging lines we manufacture more than 1500 products for private labels and brands: from nutritional supplements to medical devices, from pharmaceutical products to cosmetics. Innovation is our driver for growth based on a transparent and efficient working method.
Challenges and Benefits
- Significant increase in demand for nutritional supplements and medical aids due to COVID-19
- Outdated ERP system that only a limited number of people have knowledge of
- Strict GMP requirements in a validated environment
- Working with a functionally broad scope
- The integration of multiple modules in one system, which makes for a single source of truth, and better run business processes
- Transparant insight in the entire supply chain with user-friendly dashboards, which enables better forecasting and additional flexibility when there’s sudden changes in the market
- A validated system that supports GMP processes
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Integration with MediusFlow and EDI messages
A complex SAP S/4HANA implementation. That’s what we pulled off successfully for Royal Herkel. We dealt with a broad functional scope for the digital transformation of Herkel’s core processes and challenging GxP requirements. Read how we handled their validated move to S/4HANA.
More insight into customer demands
Royal Herkel produces nutritional supplements, medical aids and pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. To gain more insight into future demands and in order to become more flexible, Royal Herkel implemented SAP S/4HANA in 2019. “Since the outbreak of COVID-19, the demand for the various products we produce has exploded,” says Wietze Dijksma, Business Improvement Manager & Supply Chain Planning Lead at Herkel. “The demand for vitamin C and vitamin D products and zinc tablets has increased significantly. It fits with the broader trend of a rising demand for products that promote a healthy lifestyle.” As a result, the company saw the turnover of their products grow by more than twenty percent in 2020.
A validated system you can rely on
The implementation of SAP S/4HANA guarantees that orders are produced and delivered at the right time, even when demand fluctuates.
Implementing the entire ERP SAP scope
NTT DATA Business Solutions was able to take care of the implementation of the new integrated SAP S/4HANA system with a validated approach and proven best practices.
Being in charge with SAP S/4HANA
Siebert: “The validated approach of NTT DATA Business Solutions has provided structure and helped us to complete this project on time.” The hard work has been worth it, according to Herkel’s CFO. “We can now access data much more easily and, for example, make our inventory levels visible in real time in user-friendly dashboards.”
A single source of truth with crystal clear real-time insights and an improved cash flow position. All this thanks to a single powerful SaaS solution that supports the strategy of The People Group.
Together with the Vreugdenhil team, we successfully implemented SAP S/4HANA in an operative supply chain that has no room for disruptions or errors. Read how we broke down silos, upped business process efficiency, and went live during peak milk production season.
The innovative industry leader Synthon, located in Nijmegen, produces high-quality generic medicines, biosimilars, as well as new biological and chemical entities.