- IT full-service provider – single source
- High level of expertise from over 60 successful system conversions based on the Factory Model
- IT experts with extensive SAP S/4HANA know-how
Employees: 1,400 (2020)
Honored 19 times with the Technology Oscar
ARRI – Arnold & Richter – was founded by two schoolmates in 1917. By converting a manually operated cinema projector on an electric motor and adding a self-made arch lamp as light source both have laid the groundstone for today’s company.
Today, the company with its worldwide network of subsidiaries primarily produces film technology such as cameras, spotlights, lenses and other components and is active as a service provider within the film production industry.
Challenges and Benefits
- Ambitious but failed attempt to convert to SAP S/4HANA
- Adaption of in-house developments into the new solution
- Improved real-time analysis functions due to in-memory SAP HANA database
- Secure infrastructure for system operation
- Customized security of the SAP architecture
- Shorter innovation cycles thanks to easier introduction of new SAP solutions in the future
- Optimization of established processes
- Sustainability through access to innovations
- Improved user experience through innovative SAP Fiori user interface
- SAP S/4HANA conversion - brownfield approach
- Managed Cloud Services - secure management of applications in NTT DATA Business Solutions’ private cloud
- Setup of a Fiori surface
Discover how ARRI Group has streamlined its processes and accelerated data analysis with SAP S/4 HANA and Managed Cloud Services by NTT DATA Business Solutions.
Great Cinema - a Co-Production of ARRI and NTT DATA Business Solutions
At ARRI Goup, innovation is driven forward in-house. That is why ARRI relies on the expertise of NTT DATA Business Solutions – the Bielefeld-based IT service provider – when it comes to the conversion to SAP S/4HANA.
Run the Film – Premiere after 6 Weeks
The desire for agility and performance is one of the main reasons why ARRI was planning the transition to the new ERP generation SAP S/4HANA. The predominantly technically driven conversion to SAP S/4HANA requires explicit know-how and needs to be thoroughly prepared. After all, it involves the conversion of business-critical applications, usually within tight budget and time constraints. For this reason, the manufacturer called external support. Together with NTT DATA Business Solutions, the go-live was announced after only 6 weeks.
World Premiere – SAP S/4HANA in Action
ARRI has already done preparatory work and independently migrated to the SAP HANA database. The subsequent complex conversion took place in 4 stages: Proof of concept, development, quality assurance and production startup. In the course of the project a total of over 3,900 in-house developments were integrated into the new solution, and additionally 30 company codes and 8 controlling areas were transferred.
Camera on – For an Exciting Future
In close cooperation between NTT DATA Business Solutions consultants from Germany and the Conversion Factory from India, SAP S/4HANA not only streamlined processes, it also accelerated data analysis and modernized SAP applications. In addition, thanks to NTT DATA Business Solutions’ Managed Cloud Services, the systems were put under the responsibility of the IT service provider. Now, expenses can be reduced to a minimum and the operating risk can be lowered - room for an exciting future.
A smooth move onto SAP S/4HANA via a system conversion with the help of NTT DATA Business Solutions experts. Topped off with securely hosted systems at the NTT DATA Business Solutions data centers and Application Management Services for high-performing business processes in all 12 countries.