ABAP in Eclipse Now Available with SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.03/7.31 SP4
SAP has announced that ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver (aka ABAP in Eclipse) is now generally available with SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.03/7.31 SP4! We did not expect that the tools would become available so soon, so thanks to SAP who obviously put a lot of concentration onto this topic. The tools will help us putting more efficiency into ABAP development.
- Highly flexible, customizable Eclipse UI for ABAP development tools.
- High-performance, failover-safe online development in several ABAP systems simultaneously
- Display and edit functionality for multiple ABAP objects in parallel
- Advanced and efficient source code editing including refactoring support.
- Fast search and navigation capabilities
- Ideal support of task-oriented and test-driven development
- Built-in extensibility of the IDE through the established Eclipse plug-in technology
Download and installation instructions (SMP login required): https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1718399
Joining the ABAP in Eclipse community on SAP SCN http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/eclipse you can stay updated about ABAP Development Tools, discuss IDE-related topics, publish interesting materials or links or make enhancements proposals!