If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Preferred SAP-partner for SPP
- Specialisation and experience in Life Sciences and serialisation
- They deliver a turnkey solution, including the management of external and internal parties
- Strong commitment to the partnership and collaboration
Duco Brouwer, Vice President Supply Chain Management, Sanquin Plasma Products
Turnover: MEUR 280
From their home base in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Sanquin Plasma Products produces and exports a broad range of pharmaceuticals for patients throughout the world. Their pharmaceuticals are derived from blood plasma and used for a large number of disorders, many of which life-threatening.
Benefits and Challenges
- Falsified medicinal products is a major global problem
- Serialisation is a legal requirement for the sale of medicines
- Unique characteristics on every pack, with a tamper-evident seal
- Specific interpretation for each country
- Serialisation on the box, aggregation on secondary packaging and pallet
- Able to work flexibly with fluctuating market demand and stocks
- Compliant with European laws and regulations
- Ready for further international growth
- SAP Advanced Track and Trace for Pharmaceuticals
- Integration with SAP ECC
- Link with national and international databases
- Packing line including scanning
- Mobile app for wholesaler verification
With SAP ATTP Sanquin Plasma Products minimises the costs to remain compliant and supports a safe supply chain.
Control over the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain with SAP ATTP
Sanquin Plasma Products (SPP) produces and exports a broad range of pharmaceuticals. The trade in falsified medicinal products is a major global problem. That is why, to guarantee patient safety, the law specifies that at the point of dispensing, the medicines’ authenticity is verified. The basic requirement is to ensure that every pack has a unique 2D barcode with a serial number. In addition, there must be tamper-proof packaging, allowing consumers to easily ascertain whether the packaging has already been opened.
Following the advice of NTT DATA Business Solutions, SPP opted for SAP Advanced Track and Trace for Pharmaceuticals (ATTP), with a link to the SAP ECC environment. SAP ATTP minimises the costs to remain compliant and supports a safe supply chain. This innovative serialisation and track-and-trace solution helps pharmaceutical manufacturers to validate products, integrate business processes and communicate with regulators. In addition, SPP’s three existing packing lines were modified and aggregation was opted for: all secondary packaging and pallets are given a unique code, meaning SPP has maximum logistical flexibility without losing control.
The project was brought to a successful conclusion by NTT DATA Business Solutions before the EU regulatory deadline of 9 February 2019. Duco Brouwer: “This project once again proved that the people at NTT DATA Business Solutions deliver what they promise: a solution based on solid foundations, that is delivered with no significant issues and within the agreed time. I consider this to be a partnership that goes far beyond a customer-supplier relationship. This is not just about the available knowledge, but also about the way in which we do business with one another.”