Have questions? Please contact us.
- References from the long-standing partnership with Schwarz Pharma, one of the biggest acquisitions in UCB’s history
- Professional consultancy firm with extensive SAP expertise
- Extensive experience in the implementation of Business ByDesign
As a global biopharmaceutical research company, UCB specializes in neurology, immunology, and internal medicine.
With strictly future-oriented research and development activities, the company focuses on developing new therapies
designed to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
To achieve these ambitious goals as efficiently as possible, the company decided to carve out UCB Innere Medizin
to ensure greater flexibility in response to market conditions.
Challenges and Benefits
- Founding of the new sales company
- Respond quickly and flexibly to customer requests
- Fast, flexible, and cross-company supply chain
- Minimize the complexity of the processes
- Streamline the IT system landscape
- Ensure an optimized supply and value chain with standardized processes
- Process integration in the cloud
- Use of standardized processes
- Standardized web services
- Uniformity through the long-term securing of the implemented processes
- Cost reductions thanks to intuitive, resourceoptimized operation
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration (HCI)
- Application Management Services (AMS)
After the carve-out, it’s time to move to the cloud – Respond instantly and flexibly to the latest market requirements with SAP Business ByDesign. With the Business ByDesign cloud solution, UCB Innere Medizin benefits from a scalable, low-maintenance solution that operates to the most stringent security standards.
With the help of use cases, this white paper demonstrates how companies can more effectively navigate a key transitional phase for their business. ERPs in the cloud accelerate and simplify the carve-out and integration of IT systems, while saving money and reducing legal and security risks.
About the Project
Rapid Launch and Low Costs Thanks to a “Best Practice” Approach
This software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution, which is specially designed for companies in the upper mid-market segment and for subsidiaries of large companies, covers the whole range of end-to-end processes. As a result, the pharmaceutical company benefits from predefined processes that can be fine-tuned and optimized in line with the needs of the newly hived-off departments. For UCB, this process was not only time-saving but also much more cost-efficient than a full SAP ERP implementation.
Investment and Data Security
One of the major advantages of cloud-based software is that virtually no IT resources or big servers need to be kept on the company’s premises. Despite this, UCB Innere Medizin continues to operate in the SAP environment, which creates security in two respects: first, the decision in favor of an SAP solution represents a safe investment, and second, UCB’s data is hosted in German computer centers operated by SAP at the world’s highest security level.
Functions for 3PL and Travel Expense Accounting
The carve-out of UCB Innere Medizin allows it to focus on its core business: selling medicines. This focus is supported by interfaces with 3PL (third-party logistics providers) responsible for distribution and logistics. Here, an order is generated in UCB Innere Medizin’s sales department. It is then forwarded as an automated web service to a logistics partner where the product is stored. Once the service provider has shipped the product, the delivery confirmation is dispatched also by means of the automated web service. UCB’s financial accounting department then creates an invoice and the customer order is completed. In this way, SAP Business ByDesign allows orders to be transacted across company boundaries.
Requirements in the digital age are changing in such a way that applications are enhanced across the entire lifecycle as well as being operated by IT providers. In this case, Bühler Motor relies on the Application Management and Managed Cloud Service by NTT DATA Business Solutions.