Have questions? Please contact us.
Why NTT DATA Business Solutions
- Depth of experience within Higher Education
- Wide range of specialist SAP functional expertise
- Advisory services that presented clear road maps
Dominic Gaukroger, MIS/Development Manager, City, University of London
* Since April 1, 2021 itelligence* is operating as NTT DATA Business Solutions
Students: 18,278 (2017)
City, University of London is home to students from over 160 countries who benefit from their internationally renowned experience of more than one hundred years’ research and education. The university is an independent member institution of the University of London. Established by the Royal Charter in 1836, the University of London consists of 18 independent member institutions with outstanding global reputations and several prestigious central academic bodies and activities.
Challenges and Benefits
- Difficulties in recruiting specialist SAP resources
- A small inhouse SAP team struggling to meet the BI requirements of the business
- Difficulties in finding the right skills to optimise the business process models within SAP BW
- Data-driven insight through the effective use of SAP BW
- Improved the health and enhanced the usage of the SAP BW system
- Access to a talent tool pool of highly skilled SAP consultants
- SAP Support (AMS)
- SAP BW
Insight into Analytics and the Role of BI in Data Warehouse Design. City, University of London uses SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) to support management decision making. The benefits that SAP BW can bring are endless.
Enhancing Student Data Insight with SAP BW
City, University of London uses SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) to support management decision making. The benefits that SAP BW can bring are endless for City, University with student data being an integral part of reporting. With significant reasoning behind the need for SAP BW, there was also a strong requirement for the university to seek additional specialist support for their SAP BW environment. NTT DATA Business Solutions were selected by the university to provide an AMS Service and Service Delivery Management. They were initially engaged for SAP BW support, but over the course of the past year, we have provided SAP Basis guidance and support. Additionally, we now help the university with other SAP modules, being SAP FICO, SD and MM.
“We had experienced challenges around the recruitment and retention of skilled SAP staff which did impact our ability to provide a consistent service to our customers. Our support partnership with NTT DATA Business Solutions has helped us to overcome these challenges. Although we do have in-house expertise, this is concentrated in a small team and we now have an extended support partnership that mitigates against a single point of failure.” said Dominic Gaukroger, MIS/ Development Manager, City, University of London
Future Proofing the University for the Digital Age with SAP S/4HANA
Public research university with 24 academic schools offering around 175 fulltime undergraduate degree programmes
We now have far better performance from our BI platform with enhanced dashboard reporting and we have scaled up to more than 3,000 users.