Have questions? Please contact us.
- Successful SAP ERP implementation project
- High level of process knowledge and experience with SAP S/4HANA
Michael Kallenberg, Head of Information Technology, DENIOS AG
DENIOS, the world’s top group for corporate environmental protection and safety at workplaces. For over 30 years, customers from various industries have been provided with legally compliant, quality-assured and certified products as well as indiidual services for dealing with hazardous materials and solutions. The company’s headquarters are located in Bad Oyenhausen, Germany.
Employees: 900 (2020)
Turnover: MEUR 190.6 (2019)
Challenges and Benefits
- Transfer of a variety of AddOns, interfaces and customer developments
- Complex conversion within 12 countries
- Handling of 11 SAP modules as well as 2 clients and 17 company codes in total
- Global system conversion with minimal impact on daily business
- Maintenance of existing functions and processes
- Customer Vendor Integration with more than 3.6 million debtors, creditors and contacts
- Analysis of large amounts of data in real time
- Basis for additional digitalization projects
- Conversion to SAP S/4HANA
- Global implementation of the New General Ledger and Customer Vendor Integration
- Connection to customer Fiori apps via SAP Cloud Platform
- Managed Cloud Services (Hosting)
- Application Management Services (AMS)
With the help of NTT DATA Business Solutions experts, Denios successfully implemented SAP S/4HANA in 12 countries via a system conversion.
DENIOS – Passionate about Environmental Protection and Safety at Workplaces
Driven by impressive levels of innovative prowess in development, manufacturing and distribution, the international company is not only sustainable but also forward-looking. Alongside a responsible approach to people and the environment, advances in IT are no less important to DENIOS. In this context the group company became one of the early adopters of the cutting-edge SAP S/4HANA software and its implementation by NTT DATA Business Solutions.
Safely Does It - SAP S/4HANA Brownfield Conversion in Just 10 Months
Starting with the vision of implementing SAP S/4HANA at 12 global sites in one so called Big Bang process, the project has been brought to go-live in only 10 months. Based on a SAP S/4HANA roadmap, the decision was soon made in favor of the Brownfield Conversion.
In the course of the extended custom code check, all applications including customer developments were checked for compatibility with SAP S/4HANA, resulting in the identification of 3,459 program points to be adjusted.
Clever Solutions to Challenges - AddOns and Applications Transferred Safely
To meet DENIOS' requirements transferring existing processes to SAP S/4HANA with as few as adjustments as possible and minimal impact on daily business, the implementation of a New General Ledger (New GL) and the Customer Vendor Integration covering 3.6 million debtors, creditors and other contacts were brought to success.
SAP Fiori apps developed in-house by DENIOS were also connected via SAP Cloud Platform and SAP standard Fiori apps sucessfully adjusted with regard to SAP S/4HANA.
Full Steam Ahead for Innovation - Secure Future with New Functions
In addition to faster innovation cycles caused by easier import of new solutions, the SAP HANA In-Memory database is opening up new real-time analysis capabilities for DENIOS. The basis for additional digitalization projects has been established. Customized solutions from NTT DATA Business Solutions are the cherry on the cake: With it.x-press, DENIOS is already benefiting from new processes in the distribution and harazdous goods area as well as from automated Master Data Management thanks to it.mds.
With the SAP expertise and years of experience that NTT DATA Business Solutions brings to the table, there is nothing standing in the way of a successful audit, which means that RAUMEDIC will be able to stay true to its values and maintain its quality standards in production long into…