Sie erreichen uns persönlich montags bis freitags von 8:00 bis 17:00 Uhr.
Why we’ve chosen NTT DATA Business Solutions:
- Reliable partner with an in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs
- Extensive industry and SAP expertise
- Successful joint projects in the past
Amalie Krämer, Commercial Manager / Authorized Signatory
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung
Employees: 220 (2019)
Turnover: MEUR 56 (2018)
Since its founding in 1982, marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH has grown into an internationally active, medium-sized group company. The market leader and machinery supplier sells electrohydraulic control systems for mining machinery all over the world.
In addition to customer-specific mining applications, however, the company also manufactures software for automating production systems as well as high-performance dispensing systems and valves for industrial use. Initially based exclusively in its production and company headquarters in Dachau, marco now has worldwide service branches in China, Korea, Australia, Russia and Ukraine.
Herausforderungen und Vorteile
- Replacement of the current database and SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 0 legacy system
- Integration of customer owned developments within the new solution
- In-memory database enables large amounts of data to be analyzed in real time
- Easier integration of new SAP solutions allows faster innovation cycles
- New functions as a basis for process optimization within Product Lifecycle Management
- Enhanced user experience thanks to the support of innovative technologies such as the highly intuitive SAP Fiori user interface
- SAP S/4HANA Readiness Check as part of a roadmap workshop
- SAP S/4HANA Conversion – Brownfield Approach
marco has reached another major milestone within digital transformation.
SAP S/4HANA Readiness Check
The business relationship between marco and NTT DATA Business Solutions began back in 2007. Started with an SAP implementation project, marco has reached another major milestone within Digital Transformation. With the SAP S/4HANA Conversion, the machinery supplier is already prepared for the end of the maintenance period of its ERP predecessor in 2025. Successful projects in the past and numerous NTT DATA Business Solutions awards – including SAP Platinum Partner and SAP S/4HANA Adoption Partner of the Year – made it easy for marco to choose the right partner. As part of the Readiness Check performed during the Roadmap Workshop, the old system was analyzed to gain a detailed overview of the action to be taken and expected system changes.
S/4HANA Conversion with Brownfield Approach
With the goal to adopt old processes and functionalities as far as possible into the future solution, the transition to SAP S/4HANA was completed by using the Brownfield Approach. While the Greenfield Approach means installing the new SAP system according to best practices and restructuring business processes from scratch, the Brownfield Approach involves the purely technical conversion of the already existing system. In this context, NTT DATA Business Solutions converted the SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 0 used by marco to SAP S/4HANA in phases using standard SAP conversion tools.
Processes and proprietary developments were adapted by NTT DATA Business Solutions in just 8 months.
In order to manage the complexity of business processes as well as to guarantee system performance, Leifheit relies on the NTT DATA Business Solutions Managed Cloud and Application Management Services.
With the Implementation of SAP S/4HANA Finance and NTT DATA Business Solutions’ own Solutions ARTDECO ist now ready for Digital Transformation.
With the SAP S/4HANA Conversion (Brownfield Approach) WM SE has set the course for their digital future. The company now benefits from greater transparency, time and cost savings.