Why NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- Expert for Robotic Process Automation
- Extensive knowledge of RPA methodologies, planning and implementation
- Long-term RPA project experience
Employees: About 12,000 (2020)
Turnover: About BEUR 2.4 (2019)
DMG MORI is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machine tools and drives future technologies with the highest dynamics and excellence.
At a total of 154 sales and service locations, more than 12,000 employees are working on integrated automation and digitization solutions and offer a comprehensive portfolio of lathes and milling machines on a daily basis.
Challenges and Benefits
- Elimination of manual, repetitive, digital and structured activities within the business process
- Limitation of error sources
- Automation of manual processes
- Valuable contribution to increase productivity
- Saving of internal employee resources and focusing on value-adding activities
- 100% transparency and traceability of the process flows
- Reduction of time and workload
- Less processing errors
- Uncomplicated scalability
- Support within process elaboration
- Design and development of two RPA bots with UiPath
Accompany us on our RPA trip with DMG MORI. Learn more about how two RPA bots make business processes more efficient - today and in the future.
When RPA Knocks on the Door
For DMG MORI, it was clear that monotonous and redundant processes should be streamlined, optimized and automated in order to reduce the employee workload. But not every process is suitable for automation using Robotic Process Automation. For the identification of suitable processes, there are
some basics that must be considered. In close collaboration with our customer, we analyzed two processes in detail.
Use Case 1: Managing Training
DMG MORI offers employees and suppliers an internal training program for which they can register via a website. Now, a developed RPA bot supports the search for confirmation emails within the mailbox and takes over the following processes.
Use Case 2: Creating Invoices
Based on a manually maintained Excel table, the organizers create the invoices for the trainings. Now, another bot takes over the approvals in the ERP process and generates invoices.
And the results? Clear time and cost savings. We implemented both scenarios in only a few days and created rapid success and business value for DMG MORI. So, nothing stands in the way of the digital future.
A smooth move onto SAP S/4HANA via a system conversion with the help of NTT DATA Business Solutions experts. Topped off with securely hosted systems at the NTT DATA Business Solutions data centers and Application Management Services for high-performing business processes in all 12 countries.
With the implementation of S/4HANA, UDG United Digital Group is also playing a pioneering role in the digitization of its own processes.
Requirements in the digital age are changing in such a way that applications are enhanced across the entire lifecycle as well as being operated by IT providers. In this case, Bühler Motor relies on the Application Management and Managed Cloud Service by NTT DATA Business Solutions.