Why NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- Expert advice on SAP products
- Industry-specific ERP template with pre-designed processes to reduce need for customization
- Continuity and reliability from the provider
Freek van Baardwijk, Director, Tieman Trading B.V.
Tieman Trading B.V. is a Dutch wholesaler, supplying retailers in The Netherlands and Belgium. Along with a wide range of branded tools and products, such as trade tools and electrical cables, the wholesaler offers services for repairs and spare parts.
Challenges and Benefits
- Tieman Trading’s previous ERP system was expensive and involved a lot of customization. As a result, the system was inflexible and prone to failure
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Streamline business processes and improve and consolidate data management
- Optimize collaboration and data sharing between suppliers and customers
- Better transparency and access to all relevant data via cloud with any device and at any time
- Easily adjustable and scalable standard system
- Lower costs due to subscription-based service
- More flexible, integrated, and cost-effective than old ERP
- SAP Business ByDesign
How Tieman Trading boosts business by making use of the abundant possibilities of SAP Business ByDesign.
Tieman Trading Steamlines Business Processes and Data Management with SAP Business ByDesign
Restructuring Business Processes
NTT DATA Business Solutions introduced Tieman Trading to SAP Business ByDesign which provides a preconfigured ERP template for small to mid-size businesses looking to structure their business more efficiently. In addition, NTT DATA Business Solutions recommended their Scan4Cloud extension, a warehouse management tool for scanning inventory. With cost as a main concern, the modular and subscription-based nature of SAP Business ByDesign was of real benefit to Tieman. The company could take advantage of the scalable SAP software, without heavy investment in hardware, and expand when required.
Collaboration and Data Storage in the Cloud
“Previously, we used an ERP solution which ran on our own servers,” explains Director Freek van Baardwijk. “It was expensive to maintain and it contained a lot of customizatized features. As a result, the system was inflexible and prone to failure”. With SAP Business ByDesign, a cloud-based software suite, Tieman Trading can now view and update data via the cloud from any connected device. This eliminates the need for internal and external IT consultants and ensures up-to-date information across
the entire network. Stored data, such as customer insights or sales statistics, can then be analyzed – leading to more informed decisions.
Scan4Cloud, an extension from NTT DATA Business Solutions, allows warehouse workers to control inventory supply and orderpicking processes in an integrated way. Scanned inventory levels are automatically updated in SAP Business ByDesign.
Streamlined and Future-Proof
With NTT DATA Business Solutions, Tieman not only found the right solution, but also a provider to deliver expertise and continuity throughout the entire implementation process. “Thanks to the standardization, automatic updates are carried out without any problems”. The user-friendly software gave Tieman tools to manage its internal processes with ease and reduce total cost of ownership by nearly 40 percent. Satisfied with the new scalable and intuitive system, Tieman looks forward to the future: “We can further streamline our business processes on a reliable foundation over the coming years.”