Sie haben Fragen? Kontaktieren Sie uns gerne.
Why NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- Knowledgeable team comprising procurement and SAP expertise
- Talented consultants who understand business requirements
- Attractive price point and experience of delivering supplier efficiencies
Carly Wright, Continuous Improvement and Innovation Manager, Unipart Rail
UK Employees: 700 (2019)
Turnover: £149m (2019)
Unipart Rail is a provider of engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management solutions. Part of the Unipart Group, the global business brings together manufacturing, logistics and consultancy in a set of products and services that create imaginative solutions for its customers.
Herausforderungen und Vorteile
- Manual supplier interactions and duplication of effort
- The need to improve data governance and remove out-of-date information from the order book
- A lack of automation in the order expediting / material controller department
- Streamlined supply chain processes and increased efficiency in the procurement department through effective allocation of resources
- Improved collaboration with suppliers through vendor self-service
- Increased data accuracy and seamless integration to SAP ERP
- it.mx Direct Spend portalADD
Maintaining close relationships with vendors was a key requirement for Unipart Rail that led to the introduction of a supplier engagement programme to work with strategic partners. The need for an improved supplier experience was identified as a priority requirement that led to a review of supplier interactions and the recommendation to invest in an SAP Supplier Portal.
Serving the World’s Railways with Supply Chain Collaboration
Delivering Operational Procurement Improvements
The Unipart Rail company, part of the Unipart Group, addresses the challenges of the rail industry across the asset lifecycle by working collaboratively with their partners to deliver technology and supply chain solutions that improve performance, reduce risk and cost.
Maintaining close relationships with vendors was a key requirement for Unipart Rail that led to the introduction of a supplier engagement programme to work with strategic partners. The need for an improved supplier experience was identified as a priority requirement that led to a review of supplier interactions and the recommendation to invest in an SAP Supplier Portal. Unipart Rail also wanted to optimise supplier relationships and improve data accuracy by allowing suppliers to gain direct integration with their SAP system. Additionally, Unipart Rail wanted to introduce automation to streamline processes and allow the procurement department to focus on more value-add activities.
The Supplier Portal went live in October 2020 and has already been rolled out to 350 vendors which accounts for 40% of the order book. Unipart Rail has seen improvements to supply chain collaboration with vendors now interacting with a modern self-service portal.
IESA took advantage of a very short 72 hour downtime window and successfully moved to S/4HANA in only 68 hours.
Certsure was seeking a more efficient means by which to manage customer interactions. The aim was to improve responsiveness, modernise the flow of information, keep customers better informed, reduce strain on internal resources and raise the overall standard of customer service.
Various SAP Solutions from SAP S/4HANA, SAP BusinessObjects, SAP fiori and NTT DATA Business Solutions IP. Read the case study to find out how this helped AESSEAL accelerate their business.