- Employees: 250 employees
- UK Turnover: over £1bn
- Website: www.fuelcardservices.com
- Industry: Retail
- Products: Fuel Cards and Fleet Management Solutions
We needed a reliable partner to provide ongoing SAP maintenance and management, as well as advisory services. The NTT DATA Business Solutions' team, with their knowledge and expertise in SAP solutions, has supported us in ensuring the seamless operation of our critical systems
Adam Brown, IT Director, Fuel Card Services
- The small inhouse SAP team were struggling to keep pace with the demands of the business
- The need to operate SAP efficiently and to deliver change to support the business strategy
- The need for specialist skills to support and maintain the SAP platform
- SAP AMS and SAP TMS from NTT DATA Business Solutions
- The team’s extensive knowledge and experience provides a reliable foundation for the ongoing smooth operation of the business
- The SAP Support Model provides the required flexibility to meet business requirements including 24/7 monitoring
- Introduced a collaborative SAP Support Model aligned to a programme of continuous business improvement
Why NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- NTT DATA Business Solutions is a trusted partner within the DCC Group due to positive track record from previous engagements within the Group
- NTT DATA Business Solutions have UK based specialists who can work closely with the business to act as an extension of the team
- NTT DATA Business Solution’s Engage customer success model provides a framework founded on delivering long-term partnerships, sustainable transformation and customer value
DCC Fuel Card Services is one of the UK’s largest independent fuel card companies, offering fuel cards and comprehensive fleet services to businesses across the country. As part of the DCC Group – a FTSE 100 business, Fuel Card Services plays a crucial role in managing fuel expenses for organisations, providing convenience and efficiency through issuing fuel cards, vehicle tracking, simplified expense management and fleet management solutions. Currently a key objective for the company is helping and encouraging businesses to embrace change and electrify their fleets as they move closer to the UK’s Net Zero 2050 target with new electric charge cards.
Challenge and Partnership
Following the move to SAP S/4HANA in 2019, Fuel Card Services sought a reliable partner to support and maintain its SAP platform, complementing its small in-house SAP team. Based on a successful track record working with various DCC organisations, NTT DATA Business Solutions was recommended for the engagement and has been providing SAP AMS and SAP TMS support to the business for the last four years.
Criticality of SAP System
Fuel Card Services handles high volumes of company fuel purchases on behalf of other organisations daily. The company relies on crucial interfaces with fuel providers, customers and other business partners for smooth operations. The SAP platform is fundamental in ensuring the seamless and efficient operation of Fuel Card Services business.
Adam Brown, IT Director at Fuel Card Services explains: “The smooth functioning of our SAP system and its broader integration with our partners is fundamental to the success of our business. We needed a reliable partner to provide ongoing SAP maintenance and management, as well as advisory services. The NTT DATA Business Solutions‘ team, with their knowledge and expertise in SAP solutions, has supported us in ensuring the seamless operation of our critical systems.”
Jaime Wood, Account Director NTT DATA Business Solutions added: “It has been a privilege to support Fuel Card Services, not only with their successful adoption of SAP solutions to run their business, but also the with the ongoing transition to Cloud infrastructure”.