Du hast Fragen? Unsere Recruiter helfen Dir gern.
From internship to SAP remote consultant
Janine Müller, Consultant HCM – Managed Services HCM
Your Entry into Consulting: Das Junioren-Programm von NTT DATA Business Solutions
Structure and contents of the program
NTT DATA Business Solutions’ junior training program offers everyone joining a structured introduction to our project methodology. Two seasons run every year, one each starting in April and October.
All participants are taught basic knowledge of application and SAP customizing. This will prepare you optimally for the “real” project work. The program lasts three months, during which you will spend most of your time independently running through the various project phases of NTT DATA Business Solutions’ OneMethod project methodology. In the process, you use the corresponding documents as guidelines to set up your own client. Throughout the entire period you will be supported in the form of e-learning and workshops as well as by our qualified tutors, who are always available to answer your questions.
The qualification of its own employees is an important issue for NTT DATA Business Solutions. But your motivation and attitude toward work is even more important for catching the spirit. For this reason, NTT DATA Business Solutions has launched the junior training program to infect even more young people with the NTT DATA Business Solutions spirit.
NTT DATA Business Solutions’ junior training program is conceived for university graduates and career changers who want to be infected by the NTT DATA Business Solutions idea but still have no or only basic knowledge of SAP. Graduates of our training program have the opportunity to work in diverse demanding and innovative fields. Here, the basics for software development, technology consulting, enterprise content management, logistics, finance, analytics, customer engagement & commerce, systems engineering and much more are taught!
What are the prerequisites to participate in the program?
The most important prerequisite to catch the NTT DATA Business Solutions spirit is your own motivation. Above all, you must fit in with us as a human being. Team spirit, integrity, a willingness to assume responsibility – these are the values that define every person who is infected with the NTT DATA Business Solutions spirit. It is important to note that no specific specialist knowledge is required for participation in the program. Here, you will learn all the important basics for a future job. Among other things, both the NTT DATA Business Solutions OneMethod project methodology and basic SAP knowledge are taught as part of the program.
Apart from that, you need:
- to have successfully completed studies in (business) informatics, mathematics or natural sciences
- sound knowledge of a programming language (Java, HTML5, etc.) (desirable)
- sound knowledge of business processes
- an independent and structured way of working
- social and communicative skills as well as fun to present
As a young employee, newly infected by the NTT DATA Business Solutions spirit, you will be introduced to your future job within twelve weeks using practical examples.
First, you compile the requirements of the fictitious customer Seabird GmbH in a case study with the support of the various contact persons and implement them.
Your contacts are experienced NTT DATA Business Solutions employees who are very familiar with the junior program, project methodology and SAP consulting methods. One coach is available for each module.
Teamwork is an important part of your work at NTT DATA Business Solutions, and that is why you will work as a project team with other juniors at an early stage. You will share your knowledge and information with each other and support each other with questions and problems as far as possible.
The tutors and coaches from NTT DATA Business Solutions are there to support you at all times and will build up a network with colleagues if necessary.
Throughout the course of the project, you coordinate with your coach and the team manager. You coordinate the workload and find solutions in case of overlaps.
In the process you use the available information sources and the DMS for filing the documents created.
Experience report from participants and coaches
Our methodical work, using the project methodology in particular, as well as our processual thinking and the effects of settings on other modules were further developed by the program. Furthermore, the program offers a good introduction to everyday working life. The organization was largely left to us as participants. Everyone was responsible for themselves, but as a team we all had the same goal. It is a great motivation when you can work out alternative solutions in a team after only a short time and the process can then be implemented in the system at the end.I think the program is absolutely great and I would have liked to run it myself at the beginning of my time at NTT DATA Business Solutions (if this program had existed then). Working through the comprehensive range of topics – business processes, user data, customization, project methodology, etc. – in a tight time frame of three months, combined with soft skills such as teamwork, presentation, etc., makes the whole thing a perfectly well-rounded project.The best start you can get as an SAP newbie. Controlled and assisted swimming in well-marked lanes, between the shallow end and the deep end. This forms the basis for a new generation of consultants who look beyond their main area of expertise from day one.
Job offers for career starters
- Junior SAP Developer / Developer (f/m/d)
Burning for new challenges?
- Be introduced to the development tools of the SAP system and the technologies in the area of SAP HANA and SAP S/4HANA (CDS, BOPF, NewABAP, OData, SAP Cloud Platform)
- Design and implement the individual requirements of our customers in the SAP environment using the latest technologies
- Document and test the innovative software solutions you have developed
- Assume responsibility within the project at an early stage and on site with a wide variety of customers
- Assistant to the HR manager (f/m/d)
Burning for new challenges?
- Support the Executive Vice President of Global People in day-to-day operations as well as in conceptual and strategic tasks
- Be responsible for the internal and external interfaces to HR
- Compile presentations and evaluations on a professional level
- Be responsible for the preparation and follow-up of meetings and appointments
- Take care of the implementation of HR controlling and HR strategy
- Actively support international organizational development
- Junior Database Administrator – SAP HANA (f/m/d)
Burning for new challenges?
- Be responsible for notification processing, technical incident management, problem management and root cause analysis
- Be responsible for change management
- Take care of installation, patching and upgrades
- Ensure high availability of the systems including disaster-recovery setup
- Be responsible for performance monitoring, tuning, backup, restore and recovery
- Technical projects (improvement of product and process) round off your area of responsibility