Why we've chosen NTT DATA Business Solutions:
- Working with a global innovator and a trusted partner for SAP implementations
- A team that works tirelessly to get the best results and has a 24/7 mentality
- Options and possibilities for the phased approach that fits Vreugdenhil’s industry-specific question
Rest, transparency and regularity. That’s precisely what our business processes require. SAP S/4HANA offers predictability, allowing us to strengthen our supply chain. Thanks to NTT DATA Business Solutions we will reap the benefits of that.
Albert de Groot, CEO, Vreugdenhil
Revenue: € 786.000.000 in financial year of 2019
Every day millions of people around the world enjoy the milk powders of Vreugdenhil Dairy Foods. Year round, they produce milk powders from fresh Dutch milk in four production plants in The Netherlands. With years of experience to call on, they can provide you with milk powders for a healthy glass of milk, high qualified ingredients for infant nutrition and great-tasting milk powder ingredients for food industry, such as ice cream, chocolate and yoghurt producers.
Challenges and Benefits
- A complex supply chain with no room for errors or disturbances
- A global clientele that counts on a guaranteed supply
- Extremely challenging circumstances (i.e. a global pandemic and peak milk production season)
- SAP S/4HANA offers a single source of truth
- More efficiency and opportunities to offer a better service to clients globally
- The bigger part of the food industry runs on SAP, meaning that collaborations can be simplified
- SAP S/4HANA for standardized processes
- An enclosed system that has a low error rate and increases efficiency
- One production facility go-live per month, with provisional evaluation and feedback
Together with the Vreugdenhil team, we successfully implemented SAP S/4HANA in an operative supply chain that has no room for disruptions or errors. Read how we broke down silos, upped business process efficiency, and went live during peak milk production season.
From Grass to Glass
As a producer and distributor of milk powders, used for children’s nutrition, for milk by the glass, or as an ingredient, Vreugdenhil brings you the best of milk on a daily basis. The most important raw material is raw milk, which is supplied by more that 800 Dutch farmers. This milk is being processed on three production sites and is then distributed to the Dutch market and to 130 countries around the world. Needless to say, Vreugdenhil requires an efficient, transparent and fully integrated system to ensure their processes run as smoothly as possible. Vreugdenhil brings you the best of milk, every day, with SAP S/4HANA.
Rest, Clarity and Regularity are Key
NTT DATA Business Solutions and Vreugdenhil managed to update the former ERP system under very difficult circumstances, which required a 24/7 mentality and night shifts. The pandemic did not make things easy, especially because Vreugdenhil deals with a supply chain that has little room for disruptions or errors. On top of that, the implementation project also happened during peak milk production season. The complicated circumstances meant that Vreugdenhil opted for a go-live in a phased approach.
Instant Success with Standardized Processes
SAP S/4HAHA is currently up and running at Vreugdenhil. Employees make less mistakes, the transparency has improved and, with just a few clicks, there now is real-time insight in business processes and data reports. Generating analytical reports used to take up a lot of time. Now, it’s done faster, more up-to-date, and with almost no errors, making the organization a lot more efficient and more scalable. SAP S4/HANA allows Vreugdenhil to apply standardized processes in all departments and parts of the supply chain.
To strengthen their ambitions, the company wants to capture sustainability throughout the chain. Thanks to SAP S/4HANA and our it.agriculture accelerator, we made a fully traceable supply chain possible.
Handling 6,000 orders per day effortlessly, thanks to SAP S/4HANA and our food software solutions; that’s what Smeding Groenten en Fruit achieved with the renewal of their IT landscape.
We transformed a local ERP system into a single solution that consolidates the data of all their international branches. Read how we helped BIP in their digital transformation.