Have questions? Please contact us.
Moventas is a visionary and innovative producer of wind turbine gearboxes that aims to bring the competitiveness of wind energy to a new level.
With production in Finland and service and sales offices in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region, Moventas is a mid-sized company in rapid growth driven by its ability to lower the cost of energy and make wind power more competitive through leading-edge technology.
Challenges and Benefits
- Diversified financial systems across countries
- Lack of efficient business decision-making process
- Data quality
- Increased demands regarding budgeting, financial planning processes and forecasts
- Short implementation period of four months
Achievements and Benefits
- Intuitive, cloud-based finance system with full localization
- Centralized and harmonized financial data across all countries
- Increased transparency
- Functions integrated and localized legally in all relevant countries
- Fixed annual cost and no hosting or upgrades
- SAP Business ByDesign Finance in Canada, Finland, UK and US
All production and operational business processes are managed in the Lean Manufacturing ERP system. Until recently, however, the finance systems used across countries were a disparate mix resulting from growth through acquisitions and a variety of inherited systems.