We had a close dialogue with itelligence* all throughout the project, and there’s no doubt that our solution is the result of cooperation and team spirit, where both parties have built concept, knowledge and competencies as we went along in order to find and determine the optimal manner in which to proceed.
Lars Jeppesen, Project Leader, Salling Group.
- Company: Salling Group
- Industry: Trade & Wholesale
- Products: Food and non-food consumer goods
- Number of employees: +50,000 (2019)
- Location: Brabrand, Denmark
Challenges and Benefits
- An outdated proprietary platform that was no longer adequate
- Not enough internal resources to support the development of a new system
- A system that did not support the strategy of expansion to foreign markets
- extended Warehouse Management
The Choice of SAP as Standard System
Salling Group took up the challenge of mastering such a transformation in 2008. A development over many years in the global retail sector made a change of systems obligatory. Furthermore, the Salling Group wanted to expand and enter new markets.
The it mds solution automates the process whenever Nilfisk-Advance creates and modifies material in SAP. The company thus saves time and cuts back on human errors made each year.
Foss has just completed the global CRM roll-out project of introducing SAP to all sales staff and technicians. SAP is now available on 600 employees’ telephones and tablets. Great potential for efficiency.