Have questions? Please contact us.
Alexandre Baulé, Vice-Presidente de Finanças, Aker Solutions.
Aker Solutions is a global leader in providing engineering and construction services, integrated solutions and technology. Its activities cover several industries, such as oil and gas, refining and chemicals, mining, metals and generating energy.
Challenges and Benefits
- Long-standing partnership, resulting in deep knowledge of the business of Aker Solutions in Brazil, which added more safety when setting changes for daily processes and month-end closing processes; in adittiion to NTT DATA Business Solutions Brazil team’s technical expertise and skills and synergy with Aker Brazil and Aker Norway teams.
- 40% productivity increase in the accounting area;
- 30% reduction in the month-end closing time;
- 20% improvement in cost analysis;
- Align Aker Solutions in Brazil with accounting practices and new obligations of Brazilian law (SPEDs);
- Improved data accuracy for cost accounting, enabling better analysis of product costs;
- Agility in the month-end closing of financial accounting (FI) and cost accounting (CO);
- The company’s accounting area was less overwhelmed, especially during closing period;
- Eliminating fiscal and legal exposure.
- SAP SLO enabled maintaining the current organizational structure and financial data. It was as if the company in Brazil always had its own cost accounting area. The Team integration with international weekly meetings to monitor the project and propose mutual solutions and a centralized project management in Brazil, as it was the main interested party in the system conversion.
Separation of cost and accounting areas brought freedom and independence
As a global company, when the standardization of SAP R3 ERP at Aker Solutions began to have legal and tax conflicts in Brazil, NTT DATA Business Solutions Brazil developed a project to address these issues.
Present in 20 countries, Aker Solutions employs around 16,000 employees worldwide. Specifically in Brazil, the company has been present for over 30 years, with manufacturing units in Curitiba and Rio das Ostras, as well as a sales office in Rio de Janeiro. As a global company, Aker Solutions has a standard implementation of SAP R3 ERP controlling all its operations around the world.
This standardization, however, was creating legal and fiscal conflicts in Brazil. For this reason, a project was developed for the separation of the Financial and Accounting Control area in Brazil – Controlling Area – which allowed the company to make a separate monthly closing from the rest of the world, with a better adherence to the legal and tax requirements of Brazil.