Why NTT DATA Business Solutions?
- Extensive experience in similar BI projects
- Knowledge and focus in higher education sector
- Proactive SAP BI Support Team
- Comprehensive BI training programme
The BI project was a huge success and was delivered on time and to the agreed budget. The expertise of the itelligence* consultants was a key factor in the project running so smoothly. I would say the itelligence* consultants were some of the best consultants that I have worked with at the University.
The University of Greenwich is one of the leading Universities in London – the largest in the capital by student numbers, the best for teaching excellence according to The Sunday Times, the greenest in the country as assessed by the People & Planet Green League Table, and our research has been adjudged by our peers to be world leading.
Challenges and Benefits
- An ageing Business Intelligence (BI) platform that was not particularly stable or scalable
- The day to day report generation was particularly labour and time intensive resulting in poor user adoption
- The platform was reaching its end of life
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1
- New dashboards and agile visualisations with the latest features and tools
- Streamlined reporting across different areas of the organisation including student records and student applications
- Full Disaster Recovery procedure for SAP BI
Leveraging SAP BusinessObjects (SAP BOBJ) to present new dashboards and agile visualisations with the latest features and tools. This also helped to streamline reporting across different areas of the institution including student records and student applications.
The University of Greenwich is a major UK University with over 2,000 staff, 38,000 students and a combination of 11 national and international Partner Colleges. The University has a drive for business intelligence excellence to capture, share and action knowledge in order to support the growth ambitions of the organisation.
The University wanted to implement a new BI platform to streamline reporting across different areas of the organisation including student records and student applications. As a result, the University approached NTT DATA Business Solutions to review their current BI implementation and supporting Data Services in order to provide recommendations on the best way to proceed. The University also wanted to improve processes with Version Management and Promotion Management, and move to a High Availability architecture by implementing a SAP BI Cluster.
To read all about University of Greenwich journey with us please download the case study.
How deploying SAP Datasphere (The new name for SAP Data Warehouse Cloud) across Sanctuary unified data across sites in England and Wales, allowing real time insights on the impact of COVID-19 to inform the direct response to protect residents and frontline workers.
The Department for Transport uses one solution, leveraging SAP BPC to support reporting and SAP BPC is regarded as a business critical MI system.
SAP BPC has accelerated Spire Healtcare's business planning and created a single version of the truth by centralising their planning processes. Now they have the ability to quickly and efficiently update their monthly forecasts.