Why we've chosen NTT DATA Business Solutions:
- Investment security due to employee competence
- Good work relationship between key users of the company and NTT DATA Business Solutions consultants
- Comprehensive know-how in the shipping service provider market
Combining the right product with the right customer at the right moment in the shipping process, that’s just what itelligence* it.x-products can do.
Mike Mählmann, Process Coordinator, mobilcom-debitel GmbH
mobilcom-debitel is one of the largest mobile phone service providers and digital life style retailers in Germany. mobilcom-debitel Logistik GmbH is a subsidiary of the freenet Group and is an internal service provider for the group.
Uitdagingen en voordelen
- Large clientele derived from many source systems
- High shipping volumes
- Huge variability in transport service providers
- Customer satisfaction obtainable only with optimal logistics
- SAP integration of CEP service providers
- Simplified transactions with CEP service providers through fully automated electronic data exchange
- Transparent representation of the shipping process in the ERP system, as well as optional delivery tracking for the client
- Monitoring and checking of transport service providers in SAP
About the Project
mobilcom-debitel GmbH places great emphasis on permanently optimizing its process of value creation. To make this possible in the area of shipping, the existing IT solution has been replaced with the it.x-products developed by NTT DATA Business Solutions. Linda Behrens explains, “The variety of products has increased enormously. Now, we carry 5,000 to 10,000 items.“
Moreover mobilcom-debitel Logistik GmbH managed to increase its operational efficiency significantly by introducing two additional it.x-products. Along with it.x-press, it.x-pack has been introduced as a packing desk solution for better presentation of the packaging dialog. This made the system simpler to use and more efficient.
With the integrated software component EWM, essential requirements for an extended warehouse management are fulfilled. Consistent warehouse processes allow insight into the order status across the entire supply chain at any time.
In close cooperation between NTT DATA Business Solutions consultants and the Krone Group, a solution was implemented that combines individual forecasting models for planning spare part demand with processes for determining safety stock levels and for optimizing lot sizes.
The automation and new functionalities of SAP PP/DS relieve users in their day-to-day business and minimize planning efforts. DE-VAU-GE now benefits from special planning heuristics tailored to the company as well as an upgrade of the graphical detailed planning board.