Have questions? Please contact us.
What is SAP’s new Field Service Management Solution (Coresystems)?
A new cloud related acquisition was announced earlier this year; SAP acquired Coresystems. A couple of months later SAP-Partners were invited to a training. To sell and implement Coresystems you need certified consultants. So me and 3 other NTT DATA Business Solutions colleagues traveled to Switzerland for an intensive 3 day OnBoarding training. We are happy that we passed the exam, and therefore NTT DATA Business Solutions is now a certified partner. In this blog I will try to explain what kind of solution SAP acquired and why it could be valuable to you.
The Core of Coresystems
Coresystems is a Cloud Solution, purely focused on supporting Field Service processes for midsized and large enterprises. Basically it supports 3 persona’s: the customer, the dispatcher (who plans service calls) and the technician. Coresystems relies on a back-end system holding customers, contracts, products and spare parts. However, Coresystems can also work “stand-alone”. But this scenario will hardly occur at our customers. Coresystems is focused on receiving service calls, preparing them and plan them to be executed by one or more technicians, including receiving the feedback from the technician like spend time, parts, and the customer’s signature.
Before touching some details of the solution and advantages, there are 3 really powerful features that I want to mention:
- The mobile app for technicians: developed for offline usage providing true guidance to finish and report the assignment.
- The really impressive, feature rich plan board. Maybe the heart of the solution; supporting the dispatcher (planner) to effectively plan technicians based on real time availability, skills, working time, including ‘suggested technician’.
- A fantastic architecture and data model that provides the possibility to easily configure among others workflows, business rules and checklists.
With Coresystems companies can truly improve efficiency, quality and customer experience. In today’s world, in which successful companies have to deliver excellent Service to beat competition, a powerfull and futureproof Field Service Management Solution must be in place. Therefore I understand why SAP invested in Coresystems.
Let’s dive into 4 roles: the customer, the technician, the dispatcher (planner) and the organization.
1) Customer’s perspective
Customers are demanding fast response combined with excellent service. Coresystems offers enterprises a fantastic solution to deliver quality. Sending the technician with the right skills to the job, with the right spare parts and instructions will result in a quick and efficient answer to the customer’s problem. The customer can be informed real time with valuable information about the service order. For example when the technician is on it’s way. Planned and predictive maintenance are supported, but Coresystems offs much more than that.
Customers can create a request or service call by using a user friendly portal or by calling the service desk. New at Coresystems is the self-service option. Customers can scan the QR code on the equipment with their mobile device.
From that point the customer can interact with the solution on different topics:
- Quickly find the phone number of the Service Hotline
- Access to documentation or video’s
- Order spare parts
- Or even start a service planning process. Customers can select the date and time of available and qualified technicians. Suggested times and dates are real time feeded by the system.
2) Valuable for Field Technicians
Technicians are key in the service process! It starts with maintaining dynamic elements like working time, real time availability, regional coverage and skills. The system can send a SMS to the technician informing him on an assignment. From the SMS message he can surf directly to the service call. An approve or reject step can be part of the process. A technician can accept an assignment with just one click.
The mobile app is one of the pillars of the solution. It is developed for offline usage. So the technician is always able to access all important information. If the technician is online the mobile syncs and updates the app with relevant information. After this sync (takes just a few seconds) all new data is on the device and relevant information is send to the cloud.
The mobile app can really guide the technician. Just follow the steps (buttons) and the process is executed accordingly.
Time entry, finding the right spare parts (barcode scanning or search), recording used spare parts and capturing signature are really easy.
Through the extensive checklist functionality organizations can force processes, linked to customers, type of jobs or equipment. Safety is important. Checklists are truly helpful.
3) The planner (or dispatcher)
The plan board can be seen as the heart of the application. The dispatcher is really supported in planning the technicians effectively.
Just a few powerful features and elements:
- Intelligent use of colors to see for example travel time and status of the assignment
- Drag and drop functionality
- Easy to split an assignment and plan the task for two or several technicians
- Supports group assignments
- Recommended technicians based on skills and availability
- Filters for quick guidance to technicians and service calls
- User friendly screen; in one screen all necessary elements
4) The service organization
Coresystems is configurable and can meet specific requirements and processes. Adjusting fields, adding fields, change workflow, reports or new instructions. It’s quickly and fast to implement . And by default it is very easy to deploy changes to the mobile device. Your operation and communication run smoothly, even in a dynamic changing environment. Coresystems will deliver cost and time savings in Field Service processes. Internal and external communication will reach new heights.
Ask for a demo and see by yourself. We are happy to prepare a set-up showing you the power of SAP’s new Field Service Management Solution. If you have questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us.