For any questions please feel free to contact us.
- Extensive knowledge of GPA’s business and needs
- Trusted partner able to align with GPA’s culture
- Deep experience with SAP upgrades and deployments
Deborah Huncke, Project Manager–SAP Upgrade Project, Georgia Ports Authority
Since 1945, Georgia’s ports have served as magnets for international trade and investment, enriching the state’s economy to benefit all Georgians. The Georgia Ports Authority is dedicated to providing customers with the most efficient, productive port facilities in the nation, and to creating jobs and business opportunities to benefit more than 9.7 million Georgians.
Georgia’s deepwater ports in Savannah and Brunswick, together with inland barge operations in Bainbridge and Columbus, are Georgia’s gateways to the world. They are the critical conduits through which raw materials and finished products flow to and from destinations around the globe.
Benefits and Challenges
- Software updates needed to make SAP system current
- Not taking advantage of additional SAP functionality
- Extended maintenance on SAP software had ended
- Reduced operating costs and ensured adherence with compliance and legal requirements
- Prepared for future software updates for the next generation of SAP tools
- Taking advantage of new SAP functionality, while keeping access to system support and maintenance
- SAP ECC 6.0
- SAP Inventory Manager and Work Manager apps
- SAP Mainstream Maintenance
About the Project
Throughout the entire implementation, NTT DATA Business Solutions worked very closely with GPA’s team to ensure the company could take full advantage of their SAP software and allow for future enhancements. Significant achievements to date include:
- Improved security and removed audit concerns
- Revised business processes, procedures and documentation to allow for future enhancements
- Enabled GPA to remain on SAP Mainstream Maintenance
This implementation was executed over a four-month period, from project start to the completion date. Through the trusted partnership, NTT DATA Business Solutions was able to efficiently and effectively guide GPA through the project early and under budget, working hand in-hand with their internal team.
As a result, GPA has remained on SAP Mainstream Maintenance and has taken advantage of current functionality offerings. Improved security concerns, removed audit issues, and revised business processes have all been achieved with the upgrade and have positioned the company for future enhancements. With very little downtime, GPA was able to continue operating successfully while the much-needed upgrade was completed.
“Previously, we couldn’t provide true driver-based planning, and it was a challenge just to create one version of a plan. Now, businesses are modeling all types of scenarios, even within a single forecast cycle, and because they now own it, they have a much clearer understanding of how the data…