For any questions please feel free to contact us.
Michael L. Petersen, Business Intelligence Lead, Atea Danmark
Atea Denmark offers infrastructure solutions, both hardware and software. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Atea has 1,500 employees.
Challenges and Benefits
- Development and changes in the existing data estate were time-consuming
- Self-service was not supported in the data warehouse – employees across the organization were unable to exploit the power of data
- Increasing need to optimize and streamline documentation and GDPR compliance
- Unexploited potential to use data strategically
- Cost-intensive maintenance and development of existing data set-up
- The data management platform TimeXtender Data Discovery Hub®
- Better and faster use of data, enabling better business decisions
- Developers now have easy access to data with the intuitive drag-and-drop solution strengthening their self-service
- Increased productivity with automation of manual tasks
- Improved documentation and compliance
Meeting Changing Demands with Data
Today, Michael L. Petersen and his Business Intelligence team at Atea Danmark are able to offer what their colleagues crave: updated data delivered at high speed enabling better and faster
business decisions. However, this has not always been the case. “Before launching TimeXtender in the summer of 2019, we operated with a traditional data estate. It offered a good and stable environment, but it lacked in one area: speed in regards to development, explains Michael L. Petersen, Business Intelligence Lead at Atea Danmark, who goes on to elaborate on the business-critical area:
“The demand for working with data is increasing exponentially and our traditional setup did not support this rapid development. Often it took us up to three months to deliver the data needed, so I asked myself: how can we optimize our go-to-market?”
The new Qlik based BI solution creates transparency for everyone involved. Both management and consultants can follow the numbers. These numbers create the foundation for conversations on management meetings and between management and employees.
Waoo delivers TV, broadband and phone services to 250,000 end customers, and with the knowledge drawn from every-day data the company can reduce time-to-market on product introductions and increase the level of service towards the customers.
With Qlik Sense, Atea now takes a truly analytical approach to company data. Atea employees can search, at any time, and from any device and find new data relationships with drag-and-drop visualizations.