Have questions? Please contact us.
- NTT DATA Business Solutions provided a support model that combined offshore resources with local UK based service delivery. (This was key in convincing stakeholders to go for an outsourced support model)
- A flexible shared resource model that could support ECTP’s complex requirements on a global scale
- References from similar customers with international operations gave us confidence that NTT DATA Business Solutions could provide the quality of service that we needed to optimise our operations
Filipa Fernandes, SAP Lead, Engelhart Commodities Trading Partner
Engelhart Commodities Trading Partners (formerly known as BTG Pactual Commodities) is a global commodity merchant with a presence in all the major global commodities hubs covering a range of agricultural, industrial and energy products. ECTP provides support to their clients throughout the entire value chain with a proven strategy focused on financing, marketing, transportation and risk mitigation.
Challenges and Benefits
- How to manage a complex SAP landscape
- How to reduce overall IT operations costs but continue to drive innovation
- How to operate SAP more efficiently for international operations
- The requirement for higher levels of controls and effective change management
- Flexible, global and scalable SAP support services delivered with 24/5 coverage
- Local presence with a single point of contact for all support requests
- Access to a global talent pool of skilled SAP functional and technical resources
- Highly responsive support requests and agile projects delivered quickly
- Cost-effective support capabilities delivered a reduction of 50% on yearly SAP support costs
- SAP AMS Support
- SAP TMS Support
Introducing 'living roadmaps', NTT DATA Business Solutions combines SAP support with Service Delivery, Project Management and Business Transformation.
Supporting Global Commodity Merchandising with NTT DATA Business Solutions SAP Managed Services
A Strategic Partnership for SAP Support. A few years ago, ECTP started the implementation of SAP across all of its legal entities. Since then, the organisation has introduced SAP to all geographies that ECTP operates. The breadth of functionality and scale of the roll-out was stretching the current SAP support arrangement with difficulties experienced in recruiting and managing the required specialist skills. This was compounded further by the challenges of balancing IT resources with business demand fluctuations across their global operations. The current structure was no longer adequate for their 'business as usual' environment that required higher levels of controls including an effective change management process with documented sign-offs for all changes moving to production, and a strict process for having technical documentation of all systems changes. ECTP, therefore, planned to move to an outsourced partnership that would optimise their SAP investment and reduce the costs of maintaining their landscape.
As part of their programme of continuous business improvement, ECTP initiated a formal review to find a reliable and responsive partner who could provide high-quality SAP support and manage their operations in Asia, Europe and the Americas. ECTP selected NTT DATA Business Solutions due to their flexible Managed Services, local UK expertise and global SAP support capability. The transition between ECTP's incumbent support partner and NTT DATA Business Solutions was completed in only 4 weeks with seamless integration to NTT DATA Business Solutions’ global Centre of Excellence (COE). The COE provides business and application management expertise to support ECTP's global operations and ensures the required infrastructure is in place to effectively support their SAP environment. The COE has a close alignment to business objectives to ensure business value is achieved and provides strong competencies in all SAP areas. Through standardisation and integration, the COE has improved productivity and reduced the total cost of ownership.
The COE has dramatically improved service levels with 24/5 support services for Functional support and 24/7 SAP Basis support. This approach ensures the optimisation of current processes and system updates, triaging support tickets, interfacing with business users, maintenance and KPI reporting. Additionally, tactical improvements were aligned with the rapid delivery of agile projects (designing new processes and introducing enhancements). NTT DATA Business Solutions provided an off-the-shelf change management process, access to a global talent pool of skilled functional and technical resources, and a single point of contact for all support requests.