Have questions? Please contact us.
- Quality provider with a wide range of services
- Extensive expertise in the implementation of SAP S/4HANA
- Years of industry knowledge
More than 1,530 Employees
The internationally successful family business headquartered in Frastanz is known for handling resources responsibly.
Manufacturing packaging from corrugated board and making raw paper are part of its core business.
The high-quality corrugated board raw paper is obtained from 100% waste paper,
which is then processed further in the Rondo plants to produce robust packaging.
More than 1,530 employees demonstrate great professional expertise
at the various production locations in Austria, Hungary, Romania, Germany, and Turkey.
In addition to high product quality, another focus is raw materials processing as part of a sustainable recycling process.
To this end, Zimmermann Ganahl AG – as part of the Rondo Group – collects, sorts, presses, and processes waste paper.
Challenges and Benefits
- Great effort compiling reports throughout the Group
- Replacement of existing ERP systems and subsystems
- Heterogeneous application and system landscape due to steady corporate growth
- Connection of a new high-bay warehouse via SAP Process Integration
- Standardization and harmonization of processes on a global level
- New process template enables Rondo to implement future rollouts independently
- Transparency within company departments
- Innovative SAP technologies such as SAP Fiori are supported by SAP S/4HANA
- No redundancy or duplication at data level
- Implementation of SAP S/4HANA
- Creation of a process template to be used for international rollouts
- Consulting, development, and project methodology for introducing SAP and key user training
Standardized Processes on a Global Level – Centrally Packaged in SAP S/4HANA. Excel lists, which were often before, are now a thing of the past, and everyday working life is now characterized by a high degree of automation.
About the Project
SAP S/4HANA as a New Milestone
Rondo Ganahl AG wanted to be able to rely on a qualified partner in the long term and decided on NTT DATA Business Solutions when introducing SAP S/4HANA. With the expertise of the IT specialists, the high-bay warehouse, which was established in 2018 and has around 25,000 bays, was successfully connected to the SAP system landscape via SAP Process Integration.
Since then, all stock movements, inventories, and picking have been recorded in the best possible way. Very much in keeping with the motto “one company, one system, one process,” the aspiration was standardization on a global level, such that all plants have the same information at all times.
A clear definition of the main processes and sub-processes was undertaken in close collaboration with NTT DATA Business Solutions, allowing any deviating legacy ERP systems and subsystems to be completely replaced. In the future, Rondo can implement rollouts independently with the process template created.
The goal of implementing a solution consistent with Rondo’s principles and taking into account international regulations was achieved within the specified timeframe and budget and with the highest quality. The advantages for Rondo are clearly apparent – smooth data exchange with customers and
suppliers is just one of many benefits. Transparency within departments was considerably increased with the introduction of SAP software, and stock differences can be identified and analyzed precisely.
In addition, redundancy and duplication were eliminated at data level, significantly simplifying the global standardization of processes, master data, roles, and responsibilities. Excel lists, which were often before, are now a thing of the past, and everyday working life is now characterized by a high degree of automation.