Have questions? Please contact us.
- Global SAP expertise
- A true understanding of Malvern Panalytical’s business and industry
- A reputable SAP direct spend portal partner
Rachel Flaxman, Purchasing Manager, Malvern Panalytical
Turnover: $400 M
Founded in 1967, Malvern Panalytical have worked long and hard to build their unshakeable reputation as one of the world’s leading materials and biophysical characterisation companies. They are at the forefront of the development and manufacturer of analytical instruments which allow you to understand your materials. This includes physical properties testing equipment, nuclear radiation detection and monitoring instrumentation, aircraft engine instruments (except flight), and liquid-in-glass and bimetal thermometers. Additionally, they manufacture surveying and drafting instruments, such as alidades, transits, sextants, theodolites, slide rules, and T- squares.
Challenges and Benefits
- Collaboration with suppliers
- Skilled professionals performing basic administrative tasks
- Lack of dashboard with key information regarding a supplier account
- Reduced visibility of Malvern Panalytical's defined KPIs.
- Unable to access real-time information
- Duplicated efforts with suppliers
- Considerable time spent on data entry
- Supply chain complexity
- Management of documentation
- Enabled supplier self-service - freeing up internal teams to deliver added value services
- Automated manual processes
- Improved data quality
- Provided a single source of truth via an integrated real time dashboard
- Required no integration, removing integration layers and middleware
- Reduced administrative costs
- User experience drives quick and easy adoption and on-boarding
- Removed paper trails via document management capabilities
- Increased supplier collaboration for a more streamlined supply chain
- it.mx direct spend portal
itelligence implemented an it.mx direct spend portal which allows Malvern's Panalytical's suppliers to access and update their purchase orders, while reducing admin for the purchasing team and improving the data quality.
Improving Supplier Collaboration, While Reducing Admin
Malvern Panalytical have worked long and hard to build their unshakeable reputation as one of the world’s leading materials and biophysical characterisation companies. They are at the forefront of the development and manufacture of analytical instruments which allow you to understand your materials. Malvern Panalytical wanted a solution to utilise the business processes and data they already had residing in their SAP ERP platform and provide the information in real-time to be beneficial to its suppliers and themselves. With the it.mx direct spend portal, Malvern Panalytical's suppliers can access and update their purchase orders, while Malvern Panlytical is reducing admin for the purchasing team and improving the data quality. The it.mx direct spend portal overcame Malvern Panalytical's constant worries surrounding integration between the portal and their core SAP platform, with the vendor portal delivered natively in their SAP ERP. They portal has improved collaboration with their suppliers by giving them an easy to use tool that adds value while ensuring the portal was quickly adopted upon completion.
The it.mx customer portal's comprehensive range of functions brings direct benefits, allowing customers to easily process and manage orders, and book in and manage their goods. It makes the process of monitoring, analysing and overseeing stock levels simple, with the ability to produce regular KPIs.
Malvern Panalytical understood that its provisional B2B Commerce experience did not deliver added value and was unrepresentative of the standards that Malvern strives to maintain. Itelligence implemented it.mx customer portal to transform customer experiences and increase orders.
Johnson Matthey Battery Systems (JM Battery Systems) is a leading supplier of batteries for electric and hybrid vehicles, processing over 70 million cells a year. Part of the Johnson Matthey group, the organisation also manufactures batteries for e-bikes, power tools, and mobile technologies.